ACF – Advocacy Officer People on the Move, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Disponibilità: 1 agosto 2016
ACF (Action Against Hunger) – Advocacy Officer People on the Move in Brussels (Belgium)
Under the supervision of the Head of Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy, based in Paris, you will have the responsibility mainly to develop a global advocacy strategy on the theme of forced displacement/migration and related issues, especially funding, and in a minor way, to support Hunger and Humanitarian Advocacy for ACF.
More precisely, you will have to:
- Set up an advocacy strategy and monitor the issue:
- Collect and monitor information on the forced displacement/migration crisis, especially in countries of ACF operations;
- Review and analysis of relevant documentation and mapping of actors;
- Write/support writing an ACFIN strategy on people on the move, related messages and talking lines, briefings, positions, for advocacy.
- Implement the advocacy strategy:
- Develop and cultivate relations at policy level and influence decision – makers, as well as think tanks, INGOs and media;
- Participate in meetings of coordination groups on the issue regionally, disseminate ACF messages;
- Write op- eds/opinions on the issue for European and global media;
- Organize public activities and confidential meetings in Brussels on the thematic to ensure the visibility and influence of ACF;
- Develop at least one policy brief on people on the move in 2017, for awareness raising, fostering debate, media hits and positioning ACF before potential donors;
- Offer positioning of ACF on the thematic on the medium- long term;
- Ad hoc support to Hunger (Food/WASH/Nutrition) advocacy, through the monitoring of policies and opportunities at EU level;
- Ad hoc support to Humanitarian advocacy (Access/complex crises), through the monitoring of policies and opportunities at EU level.
- Support to ACF-FR missions:
- Maintain regular information to the missions on the evolution of the debate on forced displacement;
- Identify advocacy opportunities at local, regional and international levels, on the subject of forced displacement/migration crisis, in support to the regional/national advocacy officer when applicable;
- Support the development of related advocacy in missions and support them develop positions on issues that directly affect them;
- Collect evidence on the issue of displacement when necessary.
- You hold a Master degree in political sciences, international law or international relations, with at least 3 years of experience in advocacy officer position in an NGO;
- You are recognised for your expertise on forced displacement/migration issues and developed good knowledge on Humanitarian Affairs;
- You have a proven experience in the European Institutions and you have a good command of European funding;
- A first experience in Brussels will have a preference share;
- A first experience in the humanitarian field will be a plus;
- The mastery of French and English is compulsory.
Status: 12 months – Fix term contract – Full time job
Annual Salary: According the profile and experience
Starting Date: 1st of August 2016
This position will require some travels in Europe (Geneva, London, Paris) and in ACF-France missions.
ACF has an employment policy for disabled people.