AGEH – Organisational developer (m/f), Burundi
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 30 luglio 2017
The Association for Development Cooperation AGEH is the personnel service of the
German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) they offer
development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is
the programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions.
It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Development
workers with the CPS support local partner organisations in all phases of conflicts:
conflict prevention, violence mitigation and post-conflict rehabilitation. Working with church-related
and civil-social partners in the African Great Lakes region, AGEH aims to play a part
in civil conflict management through the CPS’ peace-building measures.
AGEH is looking for an Organisational developer (m/f) located in Bujumbura, Burundi.
Your new role
The CEJP (Episcopal Commission for Justice and Peace) is a commission of the Conference
of Bishops of Burundi. Its aim is to promote justice and peace within Christian social
teaching, and it contributes to a consolidation of peace nationwide. The work of the CEJP
focuses on supporting and strengthening the capacities of the Burundi dioceses and the
diocesan Justice and Peace structures in the fields of peace, democratization, conflict transformation
and reconciliation. The place of residence and work Bujumbura offers good living
conditions and the location close to Lake Tanganyika offers attractive leisure activities.
The CEJP has developed a broad portfolio of activities with which it dedicates itself to the
cause of respecting human rights and reconciliation. By introducing a professionalised project
management system, it aims to advance in the fields of planning, monitoring and evaluation,
in order to simplify the acquisition of funds for peace-building work.
Specifically, this includes the following tasks:
- You will provide support in the optimisation of administrative processes and advise
the CEJP team on professionalising its programme and project management systems;
- Together, you will develop conceptual fundraising strategies and instruments, and
provide support to employees in continued training on relevant fundraising activities;
- You will support the team in developing new project applications;
- Working with the team, you will play a part in the continuation of lobbying and advocacy
- You have completed a university degree relevant to the field of development cooperation
(political sciences, social sciences, social education, social work) and have acquired
at least two years of professional experience, ideally outside of Europe;
- You have sound knowledge of organisational development as well as programme and
- You have already successfully carried out training measures and consulting tasks;
- You are diplomatic and have strong intercultural communication skills, to enable you to
deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can
act appropriately in a church context;
- You are a member of a Christian church and enjoy working within church structures;
- You speak very good French and at least good English. You are an EU or Swiss citizen.
What AGEH offers
AGEH offers you:
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision,
- Work within the AGEH e.V. work model
Please send your application at email@example.com stating the reference number 3241 by 30/07/2017.