AIFO – Country Administrator – Liberia
Scadenza invio candidature: 6 ottobre 2021
AIFO is currently seeking to recruit a Country Administrator / National Administrative Coordinator for all its operations in Liberia. Qualified women and men with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Italian Association Amici di Raoul Follereau (AIFO) is an Italian non-for-profit organisation that has been present in Liberia since 1997. AIFO Liberia offers opportunities for people affected by leprosy, persons with disabilities (PWDs), women/children and members from vulnerable and marginalised communities to lead a better quality of life. AIFO Liberia focuses on healthcare and economic empowerment to provide a better quality of life and create large scale positive change. AIFO Liberia is accredited by the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, Republic of Liberia; accreditation number 0094.
About the Role
This is a 1-year contract, with a 3-month probation period and with the possibility of renewal.
The Country Administrator is responsible for the supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of AIFO financial and administrative operations in-country, in particular ensuring the proper administrative and accounting management of AIFO projects in Liberia.
- Supports the Country Director (CD), Chief of Party, and Project Managers (PM) in the administrative management, budget analysis, budget forecasts, and fund requests of ongoing projects;
- Ensures that financial expenses and transactions are in line with donors and AIFO procedures;
- Supports, coordinates, and supervises the regional offices;
- Support the CD with the management of the annual financial plan and country designated budget in Liberia in collaboration with the HQ;
- Ensures proper paper and digital filing of documents;
- Ensures compliance with the country’s tax and labour laws.
- Provides for the recording of expenses and other financial transactions on the organization’s accounting application;
- Monitors the cash flow of projects and carries out long-term planning of fund transfers in coordination with the CD, the PM and the Project Office in Italy;
- Monitors PM expenditures based on budget availability;
- Provides for the payment of salaries within the framework established by the laws of the country;
- Provides bank and cash reconciliation for all ongoing projects in the country;
- Prepare annual financial statement and have it audited by a LICPA licensed firm to ensure compliance with the national NGO annual reporting requirement;
- Arrange and oversee the AIFO Liberia annual general audit and project audits;
- Support the application of the renewal of AIFO’s business registration and re-accreditation to be processed in a timely manner, in collaboration with the CD.
Human Resources Management
- Supervision, coordination and periodic training of administrative staff; participates in the recruitment of administrative staff;
- Prepares and edits local staff contracts in cooperation with the CD, PM and HQ to ensure they are in line with AIFO policies and state laws;
- Supports the CD in obtaining all necessary permits for expatriate staff (visa, work permit);
- Development and/or updates of administrative tools/template for AIFO Liberia.
Logistics and procurement
- Supervises transactions;
- Ensures compliance for the purchase of goods and services according to donor and AIFO rules;
- Updates and monitors the inventory of projects and AIFO assets in collaboration with the logistician.
Requirements to achieve role’s objectives:
- University degree in finance, accounting, administration or related field
- At least 3 years of proven professional experience in the same role
- At least 2 years of proven experience with INGOs
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (in particular EU and SIDA)
- Experience in audits management
- Experience in managing staff/teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under stress; Ability to work independently; Reliability and precision
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Excellent knowledge of English language, written and spoken
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your CV, a cover letter detailing how you meet the job specification and three references to email@example.com indicating in the subject of the email: AIFO Liberia Country Administrator – N.111/21
We apologise in advance, but only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. The selection respects the principles of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).