AIFO – Country Coordinator – Liberia
Scadenza invio candidature: 6 ottobre 2021
AIFO is currently seeking to recruit a Country Coordinator / Country Director for its operations in Liberia. Qualified women and men with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Italian Association Amici di Raoul Follereau” (AIFO) is an Italian non-for-profit organisation that has been present in Liberia since 1997. AIFO Liberia offers opportunities for people affected by leprosy, persons with disabilities (PWDs), women/children and members from vulnerable and marginalised communities to lead a better quality of life. AIFO Liberia focuses on healthcare and economic empowerment to provide a better quality of life and create large scale positive change. AIFO Liberia is accredited by the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, Republic of Liberia; accreditation number 0094.
About the Role
This is a 1-year contract, with a 3-month probation period and with the possibility of renewal.
The Country Coordinator provides leadership and strategic direction of AIFO’s operations in Liberia, and is responsible for the implementation and development of the country programme in line with AIFO’s associative mission, policies and procedures.
The Country Coordinator coordinates the human, financial and material resources and ensures the institutional representation of the NGO in the country with national and local authorities, donors, partners and other stakeholders, strengthening the presence and visibility of AIFO in Liberia.
- Encourage and guarantee the development of actions in Liberia in accordance with the organisation’s strategy and mission as well as the AIFO Manual of Operational Policies and AIFO Liberia policy guidelines
- Implementation and monitoring of AIFO Strategic Plan in Liberia
- Guarantee the presence of AIFO at relevant consultation tables with national and international stakeholders (LINGO, Alliance on Disability and others) and the coordination with other organizations operating in the same sector of intervention or geographical area, including national and international organisations, donor organisations, as well as national Government and non-governmental institution
- Coordination, supervision and evaluation of AIFO Liberia partnerships, promoting the development of new partnerships
- Guarantee the development of new financing opportunities (business development), performing project feasibility studies and coordinating the writing of new project proposals
- Improve the visibility of AIFO Liberia in the country, taking care of the communication aspects
- Security management in order to mitigate possible risks, so as to guarantee the safety of AIFO staff and assets in Liberia
- Supervision and monitoring of all AIFO projects in Liberia, guaranteeing a good collaboration and coordination among different projects
- Support the Chief of Party and Project Managers in their functions
- Recruitment, coordination, supervision and professional development of human resources to ensure the optimum utilisation and development of AIFO human resources in Liberia
- Responsible for AIFO’s business registration and re-accreditation, AIFO offices and assets in Liberia, in collaboration with the Country Administrator
Requirements to achieve role’s objectives:
- University degree or postgraduate training in international development, economics, management, social sciences or other relevant profiles;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved;
- Experience of working on one or more among the main donors, with priority to EU and SIDA;
- Experience in managing expatriate staff and mission with more than 15 staff members;
- Knowledge and experience in writing projects and budgets;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office package.
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Ability to conduct sectorial analysis and to understand and transform into possible proposal the policies and strategies of the donors;
- Ability to organize and supervise a complex team;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your CV, a cover letter detailing how you meet the job specification and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the email: AIFO Liberia Country Coordinator – N.112/21
We apologise in advance, but only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. The selection respects the principles of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).