ALDA – Project Manager, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 17 novembre 2016
ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level. ALDA in particular focuses on activities that facilitate the cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
It was established in 1999 at the initiative ofthe Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate and support a network of Local Democracy Agencies which was established in the early 1990es. ALDA is now one of the largest NGOs in the field of cooperation between local authorities and non-state actors engaged in promotion of local democracy and active citizenship.
ALDA is looking for a Project Manager
Duration: 1 year
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage EC funded projects in the field of active citizenship and youth;
- Support administrative tasks related to the Office’s needs;
- Represent the organization in partners’ meetings;
- Follow policy development in the areas related to the projects;
- Contribute to drafting project proposals, writing interim and final reports for on-going projects;
- Lead projects’ communication plan in cooperation with the Communication Unit;
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master student with background in International Relations, European Affairs, International, Political Science or similar;
- 1-year experience in managing EC funded projects (preferably under the Europe for Citizens and Erasmus+ programmes);
- Knowledge of local democracy, participatory processes and active citizenship;
- Outstanding verbal and written skills in English are essential. Knowledge of French and/or a third European language is an asset;
- Experience in event and budget planning;
- Ability to work in a small team as well as a demonstrated autonomy and initiative;
- Capacity for synthesis, analysis and writing;
– Strong motivation for European cooperation;
- Proficient use of processing tools such as the Office package (Word, Power Point, Excel required);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team is essential;
- Ability to travel at short notice and assist in all activities of a busy small office is essential.
This is a position under the “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” under the Belgian law. Full time position (38 hours per week) based in Brusselsfor1 year.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th November 2016
The pre – selected candidates will be contacted for an interview in the following weeks. Please note that, due to the high number of candidatures, ALDA is not in the position to give personal feedback to all the candidates. Only pre-selected candidates will be informed.