Amref – Project Manager, Uganda
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 giugno 2017
Disponibilità: 1 luglio 2017
La ONG Amref Italia sta selezionando un/a Project Manager per la sua operatività in Uganda. Scadenza per le candidature 15 giugno 2017
Department: Program unit
Location: Uganda, Arua/Kampala
Starting from: 1st of July 2017
Duration: 9 months
About Amref Health Africa
Health is the key to a healthy word where people can grow and develop their skills. This is why Amref Health promotes health projects in the remote areas of Africa. Almost 60 years after its founding, Amref today is the largest African health organization operating in the continent.
The health of the world passes through Africa.
Since the beginning of its activity, Amref believes that health comes from the inside of local communities. It is through the active involvement of the populations, local staff and public health systems that we can realize long-term improvements. This is why the protagonists of change are the beneficiaries of the interventios and 97% of the staff working with Amref in africa is African. Because it’s up to Africans, every day, to take care of Africa.
Amref today operates in 26 countries in the south of the Sahara with 172 health promotion projects. Amref brings out African solutions for African problems, solutions that come from the inside, from the heart of the communities, who are the protagonists and not just the beneficiaries of the projects.
Amref’s international network, as well as in Africa, is active in Europe, United States and Canada through 11 offices. Amref is present in Italy since 1987. Strong by experience within African communities, where health staff shortages and diseases are major and daily challenges, Amref also keeps a careful eye on the Italian reality. In a open and globalized world, the needs and rights do not stop in front of geographical border.
In Italy, since the ‘90s, Amref has been the first to launch the challenge of a positive communication about Africa, in order to highlight its potentialities and resources, and to consolidate the vision of “a land of solutions”, not just a land of problems.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- She/he is directly responsible for the administrative and financial management of the AICS-funded project, ensuring the correct use of the budget in line with the budget developed by Amref Health Africa and the partners;
- She/he will ensure that all the donor’s procedures and regulations are accomplished;
- She/he will be responsible for the procurement of equipment and supplies needed to the implementation of the project in collaboration with the country and institutional procurement committee;
- She/he must authorize all the project’s expenses before posting, as for budget provisions;
- She/he will maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities;
- She/he will provide technical support for local personnel with tasks concerning the project;
- She/he will regularly report to Amref Health Africa on the progress of the activity;
- She/he will finalise the project’s financial report in accordance with the donor’s rules. She/he will be in charge to write timely technical and financial reports, as for requisition of the donor. These reports will summarize the progress made by the project versus the expected results, explain any significant variances, and detail the necessary adjustments;
- She/he will guarantee project reports respecting the deadline required by Amref HQ and the donor
She/he will keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities;
- She/he will have relations with stakeholders, partners and institutional donors in the country;
- She/he may undertake any other duties that may be assigned to her/his by her/his supervisor from time to time to support overall institutional strategic and operational priorities;
- She/he will establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant donor officers, local authorities, partners, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the project areas.
- At least 4 years’ professional experience on the field, within international NGOs or humanitarian organizations;
- University Degree and/or Master degree in humanitarian action or related field (Finance, Social etc.);
- Demonstrated experience working with institutional donors, including AICS and UE;
- Demonstrated skills and experience working within NGO finance, security and operational frameworks and previous successful experiences in proposal writing is mandatory;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of M&E donor procedures; formulating project proposal and report development;
- Proficient knowledge of spoken and written english;
- Previous experience working in isolated location preferably
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach;
- Ability to fit properly in a multicultural / diversity work context;
- Flexibility, capacity of managing stress, good diplomatic skills;
- Ability to live and work in an rural, isolated and changing environment;
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities;
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail;
- Strong coordination, management and leadership skills.
Applicants interested and in possession of all the requirements are can submit their CV and motivational letter, including 2 references, to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, with permission to process personal data pursuant to D. lgs. 196/03, specifying in the object the position of the application.
Amref conducts transparent, non-discriminatory and respectful sorting processes in accordance with Laws 903/77 and 125/91. For more information, visit the website www.amref.it in the section “Collaborate with us”.