Apurimac Onlus – Head of Mission, Nigeria
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 novembre 2015
Disponibilità: dicembre 2015
Apurimac Onlus is a non-profit non-governmental organization for development cooperation, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Apurimac Onlus is present in Latin America and Africa.
Apurimac Onlus has been working in Nigeria since 2004, in partnership with the Province of Saint Augustine of Nigeria to improve the lives of people.
Apurimac is involved in peacebuilding and promotion of inter-religious harmony through its advocacy and awareness programs, believing that the acceptance of ethnic and religious pluralism is a vital tool for peace in our communities.
The general purpose of the post is to represent Apurimac Onlus in the country and act in accordance with specific directions from and supervision of the General Coordinator in Rome.
The HoM is responsible to:
- Establish, guarantee and monitor government recognition procedures for the organization and the host country formalities
- Check monthly planning of activities and relative expenses
- Be responsible for procurement processes of goods, works and services and to ensure conformity to procedures, for forwarding all tender notices and results to Head Office, for publication on the organization’s website
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate project implementation phases also by periodic visits to areas of operation
- Define mission’s economic and financial planning, guaranteeing self-sufficiency and consistency of expenses against budget constraints
- Assume responsibility for funds management of the mission and for the bank accounts management
- Approve reports and intermediate and final financial reports and assume responsibility for presentation to donors
- Write monthly reports on country operations for the General Coordinator.
- Define country priorities based on context and needs analyses, monitor donor intervention strategies and priorities in the country and evaluate, promote and elaborate new projects
- Establish and maintain relations with local institutions, donors, NGOs, International Agencies and other stakeholders
- Define programming and planning of mission activities and check implementation
- Be responsible for accurate application of all procedures defined by Apurimac Onlus and donors
- At least 5 years of experience as HoM or other coordination and management position in humanitarian contexts implementing activities funded by European Union Delegation or Un agencies.
- Master degree in a humanitarian related studies
- Management skills and capacity of working in a volatile security environment
- Experience in Security management
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Fluent English written and spoken (Italian is an add value)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Job title: Head of Mission (HoM)
- Location: Jos, Nigeria
- Reporting to: General Coordinator
- Starting date: December 2015
- Duration: six months(renewable)
- Apply before: 2015, 15th November
How to apply
Update curriculum vitae (Italian or English)
Cover letter (motivation, expected salary, matching with vacancy, in Italian or English)
Specify three references, indicating phone numbers and e-mail addresses
To apply send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com, specify in the object County Admin Nigeria 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview