AVSI – Chief of Party in a Middle East Regional Project, Lebanon
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 novembre 2015
Disponibilità: 1 febbraio 2016
Title: AVSI is pre-recruiting a Chief of Party in a Middle East Regional Project
Closing Date: 15 November 2015
Duty Station: Jounieh, with travels to the project area in Lebanon and Jordan
Starting Date: 1 February 2016
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the coordination of project activities between the three NGO’s of the consortium.
Reporting to: Country Representative Lebanon
- Provides technical support to the team on Education, programme implementation support to partners, including programme planning, implementation and facilitation and coordination of support from other consortium partners and provide input to and ensure development, quality assurance and timely submission of all reports.
- Liaison with the consortium partners and stakeholders such as local NGO’s and MEHE in Lebanon and Jordan
- Responsible for the financial management of the programme, including budgeting, financial monitoring, quality assurance of reports and support audits.
- Responsible for timely completion of the programme, including facilitation of donor missions, preparation of ToR, and preparation and quality narrative reports.
- Undertake frequent monitoring visits to the programme area.
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and final reports to the donor.
Human Resource management:
- Support the recruitment and capacity building of staff
- Officially represent the consortium in regards to the project
- Manage donor relations around the programme in cooperation with Regional Directors and Country Representatives including undertaking discussions and negotiations with Donor
- Conducts timely performance appraisals of the team members and recommends for capacity development plan as per need
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Participate in assessments and project evaluations as necessary according to project set objectives.
- Strictly monitor the finance, HR, admin and security related matters and update to concern authority for necessary improvement and measures.
Other duties as required by the management
- Previous working experience in Project Management or Education
- Master Degree in Development, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, International Relations, or other related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector
- Excellent Knowledge of written and spoken English and French
- knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
How to apply:
Send your CV (in the format you can find in the previous section) by email firstname.lastname@example.org Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
- First date of availability to take up place in the field.