AVSI – Operation Manager, Sud Sudan
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 dicembre 2016
Disponibilità: 15 gennaio 2017
La ONG Avsi sta selezionando un/a Operation Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Sud Sudan. Durata 24 mesi.
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Period: 1 year (renewable)
- Under the lead of the Country Director, Play a key role in the development and implementation of the country programme direction and strategy;
- Ensure compliance with AVSI policies and local laws including NGO law, tax, employment, Health & Safety, Insurance and any other applicable laws, providing a framework for effective policy implementation;
- Developing and implementing annual departmental plans in line with the country annual plan and measuring performance against key indicators;
- Comply and support the implementation and correct application in all AVSI South Sudan offices and field bases of all Procedures (South Sudan Operations Manual) and guidelines and actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions;
- Represent AVSI in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media) as requested by the Country Director;
- Understand and uphold AVSI core values and behaviours (focus on outcomes, initiative; integrity, accountability, and realizing potential) and ensure their adoption and implementation by all staff;
- Reporting to: AVSI South Sudan Country Representative.
- As a member of the Strategic Management Team;
- Under the lead of the Country Director, to play a key role in setting /developing as well as implementing policy and strategic direction of the country programme;
- To actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions;
- To comply and support the implementation of all procedures and guidelines;
- To support AVSI teams in delivery of quality programmes through coordination, advice, information sharing & analysis;
- To co-ordinate activities between all field sites in South Sudan and the country office in Juba.
- Represent AVSI South Sudan in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media), when requested by the Country Director;
- Overall responsibility for effective and efficient management of the field projects consistent with the project management cycle and AVSI’s systems, policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance by providing a framework for effective policy implementation
Ensure the developing and implementation of annual departmental plans (finance and administration, HR, Logistic) in line with AVSI HQ policies;
- Work closely with the Country Director, Logistics, HR, Administration Managers as well as Program Managers to ensure quality programme implementation;
- Maintain grant management database and oversee grant management including timely reporting in line with the relevant donor contracts and compliance requirements;
- Ensure adherence to timelines for all relevant proposals and review as necessary
Line-manage the AVSI Project Coordinators to ensure that appropriate management, administration, personnel, logistic, finance, and communication systems are in place and followed;
- Coordinate activities and maintain continuous communication flow between the field sites and the country office in Juba;
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews/audits are carried out periodically in conjunction with the team, Country Director, local stakeholders and project partners;
- Through regular field visits and good communication with field sites provide sound technical advice on the operational aspects of project management i.e. logistics, HR, finance and administration.
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate;
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team and financial staff;
- Proactively contribute to programme development and strategy.
- Ensure all projects adhere to AVSI’s systems and procedures (administrative, financial and logistical) so that effective and efficient support functions contribute to improvement of programme quality;
- Ensure that project implementation meets donor compliance requirements;
- Together with the Administration and Finance Manager, Logistics Manager and Human Resources Manager, provide the Project Coordinators the necessary support to ensure appropriate AVSI administrative, financial and logistics systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure AVSI in complies with all legal and bureaucratic requirements in country
Support field sites in the timely preparation of projected expenditures each month (cash book management) and discuss/analyse monthly Financial Planning and reports;
- Exercise accurate budget control and ensure financial management at project sites are in line with relevant project proposals;
- Oversee budgets revision/realignments for submission to donors and provide advice and assistance where necessary;
- Ensure that an overview of project spending and financial reporting is maintained and provide advice and assistance whenever required.
Human Resource Management
- Plan national and international staff requirements and liaise with the Human Resource Manager;
- Work with Country Director to maintain up-to-date job descriptions for international staff;
- Together with the HR Manager and Project Coordinators prepare and maintain job descriptions for national staff;
- Ensure that AVSI’s staff policies and procedures are understood and correctly followed;
- In liaison with the Country Director ensure that new members are adequately briefed on arrival in the Country and Field offices and debriefed when departing;
- Together with HR Manager and Project Coordinators ensure a robust recruitment and selection process and a legally compliant disciplinary and dismissal procedure is established for national staff.
With the Country Director’s approval, represent AVSI to donors, local institutions and authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent;
- 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context;
- At least 2 years of experience as finance/administration manager;
- Proficient knowledge of English (written and oral);
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software;
- Strong capacities of financial management and planning;
- Leadership and training skills;
- Corporate managing and organizational skills;
- Capacities of managing of external audits.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to email@example.com Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Code: 5516-OM-SUD
1.Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
2.First date of availability to take up place in the field.