CBM – Country Coordinator, Vietnam
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 18 febbraio 2016
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons’ Organisations (DPOs).
CBM has been involved from the outset with “VISION 2020: The Right to Sight”, a global initiative with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020, and other global initiatives such as the provision of affordable hearing aids, education for all and community mental health.
CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Together with its partner organisations, CBM is active in more than 670 projects in 65 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and in 2014, reached more than 14 million people.
CBM’s International Office is now accepting applications for a
Country Coordinator in Vietnam
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Contract Duration: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
Contract Start: As soon as possible
The Country Coordinator will actively lead in the development and implementation of Vietnam country strategy in line with CBM global strategy. The incumbent of the position will be responsible for leading, developing and coordinating the implementation of CBM supported projects and programmes. S/he will be responsible for overall financial, administrative, human resources and security management of the Country Office, represent CBM towards partner organizations and liaise with Government and other NGOs.
Programme Development and Implementation
- Advise programme staff in establishment of systems
- Lead in the development of new multi-year plans
- Provide technical assistance in planning evaluations to inform new partner plans
- Liaise with key stakeholders in programme development
Strategy development and implementation
- Strengthen strategic plan
- Ensure partnerships are established or strengthened for implementation
- Create strategy implementation reports
Human Resource and Capacity Development
- Identify key learning and skill needs for quality and programme staff
- Hold staff reviews and meetings regularly
- Build up new leadership in the office
Administrative and Financial Management
- Ensure internal control system is in place and implemented
- Identify and manage compliance risk
Information and Communication
- Establish and strengthen alliances at all levels with different stakeholders in line with strategy
Safety and Security
- Ensure operation procedures are in place and understood
Professional Profile and Requirement
- Preferably ten years of professional experience in development sector, of which at least 5 at senior management level
- University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields
- Demonstrated ability in inclusive project cycle management including human resources and financial management
- Knowledge of financial management, accounting and budget holding principles
- Experience in organizational development and capacity building
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate emerging needs on development issues and integrate them swiftly into priority setting
- Demonstrated substantial experience of strategic thinking, initiative-taking and creativity; identifying analysing, problem solving and responding
- Experience in building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances
- Ability to establish focus, implement strategies and manage conflict
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Experienced in working and/or travelling in occasionally insecure areas following strict safety & security protocols
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Establishing focus
- Empowering others
- Managing performance
- Attention to Communication
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Results orientation
- Self confidence
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English (both orally and in writing). Knowledge of Vietnamese would be an advantage
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who are meeting these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
External application deadline: 18 February, 2016