CBM – Director of Programmes, Germany
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 26 ottobre 2016
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons’ Organisations (DPOs).
CBM has been involved from the outset with “VISION 2020: The Right to Sight”, a global initiative with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020, and other global initiatives such as the provision of affordable hearing aids, education for all and community mental health.
CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Together with its partner organisations, CBM is active in more than 650 projects in 63 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and in 2015, reached more than 10.5 million people in core activities.
CBM’s International Office is now accepting applications for a Director of Programmes
Location: Bensheim, Germany or one of the CBM locations in Europe
Contract Duration: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
Contract Type:full time
Contract Start: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Chief Programme Officer, the position holder line manages CBM’s Regional Directors, ensuring ongoing programmatic work is delivered effectively in collaboration with Member Associations, and ensuring that regional and country based staff are supported in the transition to CBM’s new Strategy and new Operating Model.
- Build effective collaboration between country based staff and partners, Member Association staff and Initiative leads to enable the delivery of CBM‘s new strategy
- Guide, coach and support staff through the process of transition into the new Operating Model
- Ensure close alignment and coordination of CBM’s long-term Programme and Advocacy work, and integration of Emergency Response interventions
- Build and maintain relationships with CBM Member Associations
- Conduct annual key performance objectives and related annual performance appraisals with the Regional Directors
- Assist and / or deputize for the Chief Programme Officer, in decision making and in internal and external meetings as need arises
- Monitor quantitative and qualitative targets for CBM’s core areas of work and support the delivery of those targets
- Manage the Global Development Fund (GDF) budget and allocations
- Ensure timely and comprehensive management responses are delivered to external and internal audit findings where corrective action is required
- Ensure processes for managing expatriate co-workers is in place, in conjunction with HR: identifying of new positions, arranging of contract extensions etc.
- Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies) in programmes and enforce this with colleagues and partners
Professional Profile and Requirements:
- University degreein development studies, business administration, economics, social sciences or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in NGO senior management, with proven experience in international development
- At least 5 years’ experience living and working in the developing world
- Financial literacy
- Understanding of good disability practice in development
Personal Profile & Competencies:
- Personal credibility
- Strategic thinking
- Results orientation
- Forward thinking
- Building collaborative relationships
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office package – particularly advanced Excel skills).Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV and MS SharePoint solutions advantageous
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is essential. Knowledge of German, French and/orSpanish would be an asset
- Valid work permit for EU/ Schengen countries
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submitin English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter and CV, to:firstname.lastname@example.org,
More info at the official site
Only applicants with a valid work permit for EU/Schengen countries can be considered.