CBM – EU Policy Officer, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 30th June 2016
Disponibilità: 1 September 2016
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM’s International Office is now accepting applications for a EU Policy Officer
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Contract Start: 01 September 2016
Objective: Under the supervision of the Director of the department for International Advocacy and Alliances (IAA), the post holder will be responsible for conducting CBM’s advocacy work at EU level and represent CBM in key meetings and international fora.
- Identify and analyse policy initiatives and processes in order to ensure maximum influence
- Prepare political analysis and identify ways for CBM to engage in advocacy in its broadest sense
- Create and maintain a high standard of relations with key EU development and human rights decision-makers, as well as with relevant civil society organisations and non-state actors
- Organise international meetings and CBM events at EU level
- Liaise with and contribute to events organised by network partners
- Communicate internally and externally results of the EU advocacy work
- Follow the budget for the EU Advocacy work, in collaboration with the other EU Policy Officer, the Finance Officer and the IAA Director
- Perform the ongoing administrative work directly related to the role (e.g. expenses, travel bookings etc.)
Professional Profile and Requirements
- University degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Law, Human Rights or related field
- 1-3 years of Experience in working with EU institutions related to development, human rights or external policies experience in policy analysis
- Experience in networking and alliance building with EU institutions and partner NGOs minimum 1 year
- Excellent knowledge of English, both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of French advantageous, knowledge of other languages would be an asset
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build harmonious and productive relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and high level of autonomy and flexibility
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural team
- Committed to promoting the rights of persons with disabilities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent applications
- Valid work permit for EU/ Schengen countries
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM strongly encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com,
Only applicants with a valid work permit for EU/Schengen countries can be considered.
Application deadline: 30th June 2016. Interviews will take place on July 12th 2016 in Brussels.