CBM INTERNATIONAL – FINANCE OFFICER, BENSHEIM (GERMANIA)
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 19 giugno 2016
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons’ Organisations (DPOs).
CBM has been involved from the outset with “VISION 2020: The Right to Sight”, a global initiative with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020, and other global initiatives such as the provision of affordable hearing aids, education for all and community mental health.
CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Together with its partner organisations, CBM is active in more than 670 projects in 65 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and in 2014, reached more than 14 million people.
CBM’s International Office is now accepting applications for a
Contract Duration: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
Contract Type: part time (80%)
Contract Start: As soon as possible
The Finance Officer is part of the Finance Team, serving the Disability Inclusive Development (DID) community of practice. S/he will be responsible for the implementation, management and control of the budget and expenditure of the “Capacity Development in Disability Inclusive Development” programme.
Financial Implementation and Management
- Financial implementation, preparing release of funds, including payments for contracted consultants
- Reimbursement of costs for travel, workshops to relevant travellers and regional/country offices
- Thorough checking of invoices and relevant accounts/claims (travel, workshops, consultants etc.)
- Involvement in payment execution process where required
- Compile financial reporting on a quarterly basis
- Ensure compliance with CBM’s financial guidelines and procedures
- Financial monitoring on a day-to-day basis, flagging issues to project manager and advisors
- Supporting DID team in administrative issues as required
Professional Profile and Requirements
- University degree or Certification in Finance and Accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting in NGOs or private sector
- Experience in year-end closing
- Understanding of German GAAP and related regulations
- Experience in financial project monitoring and implementation
- Knowledge of tax issues such as VAT is of advantage
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Customer orientation
- Result orientation
- Personal credibility
- Fostering teamwork
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office package). Knowledge of MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions advantageous
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset
- Valid work permit for EU/ Schengen countries
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submitin English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter,CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Only applicants with a valid work permit for EU/Schengen countries can be considered.
Application deadline: June19th, 2016