CBM – Project Manager, Ethiopia
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 13 dicembre 2015
Disponibilità: gennaio 2016
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons’ Organisations (DPOs).
CBM has been involved from the outset with “VISION 2020: The Right to Sight”, a global initiative with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020, and other global initiatives such as the provision of affordable hearing aids, education for all and community mental health.
CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Together with its partner organisations, CBM is active in more than 670 projects in 65 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and in 2014, reached more than 14 million people.
CBM Italy Office is currently accepting applications for the post of
Location: Addis Ababa (with frequent travel to the field), Ethiopia
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Contract type: Italian Development Cooperation (IDC)
Contract Start: January 2016
Objective: Reporting to the Desk Officer of the CBM Italy Office and working in close collaboration with the CBM Country Office in Ethiopia, the incumbent of the position will manage the project efficiently in adherence with CBM policies and procedures as well as donor guidelines, ensuring quality implementation and achievement of expected results.
- Manage the technical-administrative and financial aspects of project funds in adherence with the Italian Development Cooperation (IDC) procedures as well as CBM financial and administrative procedures
- Support and supervise the financial management of partner’s project contribution
- Prepare financial and narrative reports in adherence to IDC procedures, in collaboration with the local coordinator, the Desk Officer and the Ethiopia Country Office
- Create a monthly control mechanism, according to IDC procedures, in collaboration with the local accountant as well as the Ethiopia Country Office and Regional Office staff
Project Organization and Coordination
- Manage the implementation of the project in collaboration with the local project coordinator, through continuous monitoring and supervision, ensuring compliance with IDC procedures
- Participate in meetings at the Italian Embassy/Italian Cooperation Office (UTL), CBM Ethiopia Country Office and other coordination forums related to the CBM work in Ethiopia
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with local authorities, NGOs, UN Agencies and other relevant stakeholders
- Participate in Eye Care Cooperation meetings, relevant working groups and cluster meetings
- Collect and send information and communication material as requested by the Desk Officer
- Organize and facilitate M&E missions for CBM staff
- Undertake field trips to monitor outreach activities
Professional Profile and Requirement
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Development or related field. An advanced university degree would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience within international NGOs or humanitarian organizations, preferably in developing countries
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management and coordination of IDC projects, including knowledge of specific donor guidelines and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGO financial and operational frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of M&E procedures, project proposal formulation and reporting
- Experience in working and/or travelling in occasionally insecure areas following strict safety & security protocols
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Intercultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Excellent communication and strong relationships building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Result orientation
- Customer orientation
- Managing change
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian, both orally and in writing
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why s/he wishes to work for CBM, CV, copies of diplomas, contacts of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: December 13th, 2015