CESVI – WASH EXPERT, HAITI
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 31 agosto 2016
La ONG Cesvi sta selezionando un/a Esperto WASH per la sua operatività ad Haiti. Durata 3 mesi. Candidature entro il 31 agosto 2016
Wash Expert – Haiti
CODE: 36_2016 WASH EXP
LOCATION: Les Cayes, Haiti
CLOSING DATE: 31/08/2016
DURATION: 3 months
Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Actually is working in two areas of Haiti: Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Les Cayes.
In Aquin (Les Cayes), in the south of the country, Cesvi helps farmers to improve their productivity with environmentally-friendly practices (farm planning). 326 families received technical support and assistance with the use of seeds and animal husbandry. Farmers have also participated in training sessions on techniques for soil conservation. Each farmer received a tailor-made plan, created with the participation of the family and based on the unique characteristics of their farm.
Since February 2016 Cesvi has been implementing a project of Emergency response and resilience building funded by ECHO: an integrated approach to improve food security in Haiti, with a component in WASH: water well drilling, maintenance of existing wells and water sources and distribution and installation of familial, inter-familiar and/or communal water storage system (chatodos).
The collaboration will start ASAP.
The main office is in Les Cayes with visits in the field and eventual travels to PAP.The incumbent will respond primary to the Head of Mission and to the PM ECHO, will work in close collaboration with the local staff and the local partner in charge of the drilling (WFL) and the local authorities on wash.
The WASH Expert will be responsible for management of the WASH component in ECHO project in accordance with the contract with the Donor and partners.S/he will check and make sure the projects’ activities fulfil timely the scheduled objectives, with a particular focus on:
a) coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the activities, in accordance with the local partner
b) ensuring that such activities meet with the Country regulations, the donor’s guidelinesMain tasksS/he has the overall responsibility of the planning and execution of WASH components, ensuring that objectives and expected results are fully and timely achieved as of project documentation and donor’s requests.
- he produces detailed work plans, ensures project components are integrated and project activities are coordinated within the program.
- he will design and manage an effective and participatory WASH component, with the identification of the community system trainings, monitoring, and learning system ensuring that quality standards are maintained and that learning is documented.
- he will focus on capacity building to the beneficiaries and to the local staff, and monitoring on WASH component.
- he will assist the PM ECHO/HoM in liaising with other WASH actors in country, and support in case of new proposal
- he represents the Organization and maintains an active coordination policy with project partner and associates and with other stakeholders in the WASH sector.
- he participates to coordination meetings on WASH component at national level.
- he produces timely financial planning and budget monitoring documents of the WASH component
- he produces or supervises the production of procurement documentation in strict compliance with Cesvi and donor’s procedures, produces or supervises the production of suppliers’ contracts and other documentation such as procurement plans.
- he provides support as necessary in designing and organizing HQ monitoring missions, consultancies, partnerships, donors monitoring missions and other visits to the WASH component of the project.
- he contributes to the efficient organization of the office in Les Cayes and proper filing of hard and soft copy of documentation.
- he ensures timely delivery of project reports (narrative) and other official project documentation on WASH component.
- he ensures that the project component is properly and systematically monitored in all its aspects, as of Cesvi HQ M&E manual, that support documents are properly collected and stored.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Geology or Agricultural Science or experience in managing WASH projects
Good leadership, management, teamwork & interpersonal skills. Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Good communication skills and experience in working closely with beneficiaries, partners and local staff
- Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, and patience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and keep the project’s files and documents
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude
- Willing to travel in-country
- Excellent knowledge of French written and spoken
- Good Knowledge of English
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs as well as accounting packages & other database competencies
- Previous experience in Haiti
- Post graduate qualifications in management or related field
- Proven experience in project identification and writing
- Understanding of development issues and the organizational goals
- Good Knowledge of Italian
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be application updated on the status of their.