CIDSE – Climate Justice and Energy Officer
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for a Climate Justice and Energy Officer to join its team as soon as possible. The position is 100% / 5 days per week, on a permanent contract.
Working within the Secretariat team on Climate Justice:
- You facilitate and coordinate the network working group and relations with member organisations working on climate and energy issues;
- You develop policy positions and advocacy strategies on your areas of thematic responsibility with your colleagues in the Secretariat, with the members’ working group and other key civil society allies;
- You follow policy processes at the UN and EU level, ensure information sharing and networking with partners and allies, including the Catholic Church, and represent CIDSE on various platforms;
- You ensure smooth collaboration and shared learning across CIDSE different thematic priorities;
- You contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on systemic change approach.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have education and training in international development, climate, environmental studies, political science or any other relevant fields;
- You have specific experience and interest in advocating for social justice, climate and energy policies (access to energy and renewable energy systems), human rights, and following UN and EU mechanisms and processes (experience in UNFCCC COP is an asset);
- You have demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills (experience in a network environment – an asset);
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, as well as one of our other working languages (French, Spanish, German). Additional languages are an asset;
- You have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude. You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- You have proven computer skills and are available to travel.
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job.
The terms and conditions of working, including salary range, are those of CIDSE and depend on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by October 25th 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or to: CIDSE Secretariat – Attn: Secretary General, 16, rue Stévin – 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Interviews will likely be held on 12 and 14 November 2019.
For more information about CIDSE please visit our website www.cidse.org