CISP – PROJECT COORDINATOR, PALESTINE
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Fostering socio-economic empowerment and protection of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem
Country of Operation PALESTINE – Duty Station East Jerusalem
Duration: from 12 to 24 months Tentative starting date: December 2015/ January 2016
- Demonstrated experience and ability in cooperation projects’ management, preferably in the field of socio-economic activities, including vocational training and small scale business, microenterprises, as well as psychosocial, educational and literacy support for children, youth and women
- Specific and demonstrated skills and technical experience in the above sectors of activity is an asset (set up of microbusinesses, microenterprises, vocational training in ceramic production, etc.)
- Experience in developing socio-economical need assessments and undertaking gap analysis for development of socio-economical programs
- Excellent understanding & experience of programme, financial and operational management processes
- Experience / skills in projects’ financial planning, administration, reporting
- Experience / skills in procurement procedures, knowledge of international EU, UN, procurement procedures, experience of tendering, etc.
- Excellent communication capabilities and ability in reports’ writing
- Fluency in English is required.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexibility, availability to perform other duties.
- Availability to work in security volatile context
- Past working experience in Palestine is an asset
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Planning, coordination, management and monitoring of project activities, including needs assessment, beneficiaries’ selection, design, follow up and supervision;
- Supervision of procurement and tendering procedures for goods, services and works when needed;
- Supervision of accountancy and administration
- Maintaining contacts with relevant local stakeholders, institutions, associations, donors, local authorities and International NGOs and agencies;
- Drawing project documents such as activity plans, intermediate and final reports, financial reports, etc.
- Management of financial and logistic resources of the project;
- Selection, recruitment, management and supervision of local staff;
Interested candidates should send their CV to both the following addresses