COFACE – Director, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 22 febbraio 2016
Disponibilità: 15 marzo 2016
COFACE, the Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union is currently launching the procedure for hiring a full time
to join its team in Brussels.
1. General management and coordination of COFACE and its European Secretariat
- Implementation of the organisation’s work programme.
- Work planning, organisation and supervision (statutory meetings, seminars, conferences, other events, documents, publications…) according to fields of work.
- Drafting, submission and budgeting of European projects and work programmes, as well as the interim and final reports.
- Presentation of the annual report.
- Supervision of the finances.
- Develop fundraising and membership strategies.
- Personnel management, incl. selection of new staff and identification of training opportunities for continuous professional development.
2. Representation of COFACE
- At EU institutional level (e.g. Commission, European Parliament, EESC, EU Presidencies).
- At EU NGO level (e.g. Social Platform, other NGOs or coalitions).
- At member organisation level (e.g.participation in members’ events).
- At other stakeholder levels (e.g. researchers,academics, international organisations) .
- With the President or other Bureau members, meetings with Ministers, Commissioners, and Presidents of Institutions.
The Director works in close collaboration with COFACE’s governing bodies in order to achieve the objectives of the organisation, guided by the organisations’ mission and values. The Director is responsible towards the Administrative Council in all his/her functions.
- University Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five year’s management experience in an NGO or government department, preferably working in the field of social and family policy and/or services.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of European Institutions and their functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to build and maintain strong networks within the sector and with members.
- Excellent leadership skills with a capacity to motivate and manage a small team of dedicated professional staff and plan, organise, coordinate and evaluate the work of the organisation.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Contract: long term full time employment.
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Details of the procedure
- Deadline for applications: 22/02/2016
- End February-Early March: interviews with selected candidates
- Further interviews by the members of the Administrative Council of COFACE with shortlisted candidates followed by a decision: 15/03/2016
- Starting date: to be agreed.
Candidates are invited to send in their application file including: Letter of motivation and Curriculum vitae (Europass format).
Applications should be sent by e-mail (email@example.com) to the attention of Annemie Drieskens, President of COFACE.
The applications will be processed in full confidentiality.