COFACE – Policy and Advocacy Officer, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 22 febbraio 2016
COFACE, the Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union is currently launching the procedure for hiring a full time
Policy and Advocacy Officer
to join its team in Brussels.
As part of its work on social inclusion, COFACE works to achieve meaningful realization of inclusion and non-discrimination for all families. Specific areas of work include Early Childhood Education and Care, fight against Poverty and Social Exclusion, Disability and Family Carers.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Draft policy papers based on the needs of families in the EU with the input of COFACE members.
- Monitor and analyse relevant legal and policy developments at the EU level.
- Establish and manage relationships with EU policy makers, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of advocacy strategies.
- Prepare policy content for communication purposes.
- Contribute to the organisation of events and meetings.
- University degree in Law, Economics, Sociology or related fields. University degree in European Affairs is an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in at least two among the areas of poverty and social exclusion, disability and carers, education.
- Experience in working in NGOs, in close collaboration with the members organisations.
- Prior experience with the EU institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and French. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of EU Institutions and their functioning.
- Ability to work autonomously in a small team.
- Ability to identify relevant rising issues, formulate policy options and make recommendations.
- Competence in most common IT applications.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations, representing COFACE in external meetings and conferences.
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise.
- Commitment to equality, diversity and the protection of human rights.
- Contract: long term full time employment.
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Details of the procedure:
- Deadline for applications: 22/02/2016
- Starting date: to be agreed.
Candidates are invited to send in their application file including: Letter of motivation and Curriculum vitae (Europass format).
Applications should be sent by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the attention of Annemie Drieskens, President of COFACE.
The applications will be processed in full confidentiality.