COSV – Middle East Regional Program Assistant, Milano
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Scadenza: 21 dicembre 2016
La ONG Cosv sta selezionando un/a Middle East Regional Program Assistant per la sua sede di Milano che dovrà effettuare frequenti missioni all’estero. Durata 12 mesi rinnovabili.
Middle East Regional Program Assistant
Based in: The Middle East Regional Program Assistant will be based at COSV HQ in Italy for almost 50% of the working time while the remaining 50% will be spent in missions in the target countries. An unconditioned availability to frequent and regular missions in the target countries, sometime to be run with short notice and with a variable duration according to the needs, is a must.
Reporting to: General Director and COSV Representative for the Mediterranean and the Middle East
Length of Contract: 1 year extendable
Deadline for application: 21/12/2016
Important NOTE: The perfect knowledge of Italian and English is a must. The knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
The Middle East Regional Program Assistant will:
- Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time and are coherent and accurately written;
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools, procurement planning, hire planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles;
- Monitor implementation of programs/projects to ensure they are in accordance with donor and COSV internal requirements;
- Coordinate and support key management staff in the target countries, facilitating communication between the local offices and the HQ;
- Liaise with COSV Middle East and HQ to ensure projects meet internal standards and are donor compliant;
- Support the knowledge management and the communication of the organization concerning the activities in the area;
- Support the selection and the training of the human resources deployed in the programs;
- Play a role in regular management meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and operations) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised;
- Keep informed on monitoring and evaluation techniques and support tools which can be shared with program staff; work closely with the various program heads;
- Visits to field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals.
The Candidate will have:
- A university and/or master degree in Political Science, Sociology, Economics, International Cooperation, International Relations or similar qualifications;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the International cooperation sector. Experience gained in the field will be an asset;
- A previous experience in M&E, management and administration of international cooperation projects;
- A relevant skill in writing reports and proposals according to international and donors standards;
- Working knowledge of budget development and management;
- A deep and consolidate knowledge of the PCM;
- A good knowledge of the Middle East dynamics and current geopolitical situation;
A clear problem-solving attitude;
- An unconditioned availability to frequent and regular missions in the target countries.
Interested candidates meeting the above described qualifications should send their CV with a short cover letter by 21/12/2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying M.E. Regional Program Assistant/IC in the email subject
Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted