EDF – Project Coordinator, Children with Disabilities, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 25 aprile 2016
Disponibilità: 12 maggio 2016
EDF – European Disability Forum – Project Coordinator, Children with Disabilities, Brussels (Belgium)
EDF is partnering with UNICEF in a 3 year project in the Western Balkans and Turkey on Violence and Children and Children with Disabilities. Based in Brussels, with frequent travel to the region, the Project Coordinator will lead EDF’s involvement in the project, liaising with organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs) and UNICEF, in the project region.
EDF is seeking a dynamic project coordinator who will be responsible for implementation and reporting of EDF’s activities within the project.
- Capacity building support to civil society partners, especially DPOs;
- Organisation and co organisation of project events for needs assessment, networking, and capacity building in the project region;
- Coordinating the involvement of EDF executive and members within the project; Selection of experts from EDF for training and capacity building and other project activities;
- Project reporting; Submit quarterly narrative and financial reports to UNICEF, and regular reports to the EDF Finance Officer, Director and Executive on project progress;
- External communications. Ensure appropriate internal and external communication on the project, in coordination with UNICEF and in alignment with the EC visibility Guidelines.
The Project Coordinator reports to the EDF Director and works closely with the UNICEF Programme Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has:
- A solid background experience and knowledge in the rights of persons with disabilities, and children with disabilities;
- Proven project coordination, management and reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- At least five years of experience working in an international environment;
- At least five years of experience in capacity building of civil society organisations and other actors in the rights of persons with disabilities;
- An ability to communicate in English – other languages from the project region are an advantage;
- Permission to live and work in Belgium, and travel within the Western Balkans and Turkey.
Gross starting salary: 2.800 euros per month plus benefits.
Contract duration: 2.5 years.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25 April 2016.
Date and location of the interview: 12 May 2016 at Leopold Hotel Brussels EU (Rue du Luxembourg 35, 1050 Brussels).
The job description is available on the EDF website www.edf-feph.org.
To apply for this position, fill in the application form and send it to: email@example.com.