EFSA – Information Specialist (RASA Department – AMU Unit), Parma
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Scadenza: 6 aprile 2016
Are you passionate about retrieving and collecting data and evidence and developing new methodologies in this field? Are you innovative and results-driven? Do you have solid experience in information science, including evidence retrieval, data collection and management? Do you have eye for details and the ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders?
- Developing search strategies and conducting searches for evidence in support of EFSA staff and experts, in line with systematic review principles and for all types of information source (e.g. bibliographic databases, sources of grey literature, etc.);
- Providing support, as Information specialist, to EFSA literature review processes, using specific software (e.g. DistillerSR, etc.);
- Conducting research on methods to enhance identification of relevant scientific evidence (e.g. text mining) and contributing to implement those methods in EFSA;
- Providing and/or coordinating training in information retrieval (including use of reference management software – e.g. EndNote, and bibliographic databases) for EFSA staff and experts;
- Providing support to retrieve and purchase books and articles requested by the staff;
- Collaborating with the EFSA Library staff to:
- Manage contracts with providers of bibliographic databases and interface;
- Update and manage the subscription of scientific collections according to the requests received from the staff.
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma in one of the following fields: library and information science, information science, information technology, information management, librarianship, library science, archive and record management and areas within the EFSA remit.
- In addition to the above, at least one (1) year of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma.
Experience and knowledge
- Proven experience in research projects in the role of Information specialist, including design and implementation of tailored evidence retrieval processes (i.e. developing search strategies, identifying relevant information sources, etc., in line with best practices – e.g. systematic review);
- Proven experience in managing references through the use of specific software (e.g. EndNote, Reference Manager, etc.);
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing new techniques in the field of information science and in line with most recent IT developments;
- Proven experience in providing and/or coordinating training in evidence retrieval techniques and tools;
- Proven experience in Library support services (e.g. paper retrieval, book purchases, contract management);
- Proven experience in the role of Information specialist in literature review processes, using specific software (e.g. DistillerSR, EPPI Reviewer, etc.) is considered a plus;
- Proven experience gained in a multicultural/international environment is considered a plus.
- Working with others: Ability to work co-operatively with others in teams and across organisational boundaries and respects differences between people;
- Analysis and problem solving: Ability to identify the critical facts in difficult issues and develops creative and practical solutions;
- Drive for Results: Ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work;
- Resilience and composure: Ability to deliver effectively under high workload and adapt to a changing environment;
- Communication and English: Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, at all levels.
How to apply: Please refer to the detailed vacancy notice EFSA/F/4/2016/003 available on EFSA’s website http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/jobs/vacancies for further details. The deadline for this application is 6 April 2016 at midnight.