ENNHRI – Communications Officer, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Disponibilità: settembre 2015
Candidature entro: 30 luglio 2015
The European Network of National Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI) comprises National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) from across wider Europe. NHRIs are state funded institutions, independent of government, with a broad legislative or constitutional mandate to promote and protect human rights. They are accredited by reference to the UN Paris Principles to ensure their independence, plurality, impartiality and effectiveness. ENNHRI is one of four regional groups of NHRIs, which together make up a global association of NHRIs.
In 2013, ENNHRI established a Permanent Secretariat, based in Brussels, with a Secretary General in post. The Secretariat supports and facilitates ENNHRI’s work, including: coordinating exchange of information and best practice between members; assisting in the establishment and accreditation of NHRIs; facilitating capacity building and training; engaging with regional mechanisms; and intervening on legal and policy developments at a European level. The Secretariat is still undergoing institutional development, including a website build and branding.
In the context of a three-year Framework Partnership with the European Commission (DG JUST), ENNHRI seeks a Communications Officer to build professional internal and external communications at its Secretariat office.
2. Job Description
Developing and implementing ENNHRI’s communications strategy, including the following activities:
- Develop and maintain ENNHRI’s website (with professional web-designers);
- Research, implement and maintain appropriate formats for member updates, a web-forum and a web-based document share-point;
- Oversee the design, editing and dissemination ENNHRI documents;
- Facilitate internal communications and member liaison;
- Build ENNHRI’s external profile, through social media, and branded materials;
- Coordinate ENNHRI’s communications group and support its meetings;
- Develop and implement ENNHRI communications policies;
- Manage databases, including contacts lists of members and stakeholders;
- Support organisation and evaluation of ENNHRI meetings and events; and
- Any other reasonable duties as are required by the ENNHRI Secretariat, in line with the general responsibility of the role.
3. Person Specification
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area;
- At least four years’ professional experience in communications;
- Excellent written communication skills including ability to translate and summarise complex information into accessible formats;
- Experience of developing and maintaining websites, social media and other web-based platforms;
- Experience of drafting, editing and designing organisational or policy documents;
- Advanced computer skills, including web publishing, email marketing service, database management and publication design;
- Excellent organisational skills, including prioritising work and deadlines;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently, on own initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Native or near native working knowledge of English; and
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification;
- Knowledge of human rights mechanisms;
- Knowledge of NHRIs;
- Experience of working for a human rights, legal or policy-based organisation;
- Experience of working for an international membership organisation or network;
- Additional language skills.
4. Terms and conditions
This is a full time post to be performed at the ENNHRI Secretariat in Brussels. The post holder would be expected to travel occasionally within Europe. The starting date is early September 2015.
ENNHRI offers a fixed-term Belgian employment contract, with the possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. The salary range is €2,800 to €3,200 gross per month, according to level of experience and expertise. The contract includes the statutory holiday payment and a 13th month (pro rata), as well as secondary employment benefits (such as monthly STIB travel pass and lunch vouchers). The holiday entitlement is 26 days (pro rata), plus public holidays.
5. Application Procedure
Applications are welcomed through the application form, which can be found at this link(www.ENNHRI.org/vacancies). Completed application forms should be sent to ENNHRI’s Secretariat atJobs@ENNHRI.org Please use a subject heading of ‘Communications Officer’. Please note that we do not accept, and will not read, CVs and covering letters.
The deadline for applications is 10H on 30 July 2015. Interviews will be held on 14 August 2015 in Brussels (in person) or by Skype. For further information, please contact: www.ENNHRI.org/vacanciesor Jobs@ENNHRI.org