EUCORD – Program Development Coordinator, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Candidature entro: 16 luglio 2015
The responsibilities of the Program Development Coordinator are twofold:
1) assist with new business development; and
2) assist with the management of on-going projects.
The successful applicant will support portfolio development for programs in agriculture, livelihoods/economic strengthening, and institutional/organizational strengthening.
The Program Development Coordinator will manage the program development process to support technical staff to secure approximately $5 million in funding per year from foundations, private companies, EU Government agencies, and other bilateral or multilateral donors annually.
The Program Development Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director or his designate.
This person should be a highly motivated and capable individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills; a proven track record in proposal development resulting in program funding and expansion; and the ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of headquarters and field office staff to design and manage successful projects and foster donor relationships.
Job background and purpose
POSITION TITLE: Program Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Brussels, Belgium
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD), is an independent Brussels based not-for-profit organization incorporated under Dutch co-operative law. EUCORD’s mission is to Increase farmers’ capacity to sustainably grow quality crops matched to commercial needs of the industry and in doing so, increase food security, develop the private sector and improve the livelihoods of rural communities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare weekly updates of the new business tracker, forecasts and fact sheets on the most promising project funding opportunities.
- Research new project funding opportunities in line with EUCORD’s mission and vision, meet with donors, conduct market analysis, and support opportunity tracking, capture, and winning proposal development with particular emphasis on portfolio diversification and securing/expanding the team’s geographic and technical presence.
- Work with staff, field offices, and partners to conceptualize and design sound technical approaches for new program/funding opportunities.
- Lead the proposal development process on selected opportunities, forming and managing proposal teams, writing key sections of proposals and ensuring compliance with EUCORD and donor requirements.
- Participate in program/project planning, implementation and proposal development.
- Assist the Deputy Executive Director with the overall implementation and supervision (or co-supervision) of specific projects; this includes regular field visits, supervision/monitoring of local team leaders, monitoring of financial expenditures and collection, editing, finalization and submission of financial and program reports.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- EU work permit
- Talented individual
- Result-driven & dynamic
- Excellent editing skills in both English and French
- Computer proficiency including budget presentation in Excel
- 3 years experience in development and cooperation issues
- Good in networking and presenting
- Team work aptitudes
- Agronomical background is a plus.
- Field experience is a plus.
- Rural economy background is a plus.
To apply, please send CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com and fill in the online questionnaire, (which can be found here).
Please no phone call.
Due to large number of candidates, we don’t reply if your profile has not been selected for the interviews.
Working conditions and environment
- Competitive salary package depending on profile
- 1 year fixed contract (can be extended)
- 13th month of salary (pro-rate)
- Holiday salary (pro-rate)
- Daily lunch allowance 7EUR
- Family Medical Hospitalisation DKV
- Family Med-evac with EuropAssistance