Eurochild – Two Policy and Advocacy Intern, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Disponibilità: settembre 2015 – febbraio 2016
Candidature entro: 7 luglio 2015
Period: September 2015 – February 2016 (6 months)
Location: Eurochild Secretariat, Brussels
Conditions: All interns are engaged under an internship contract with a standard remuneration.
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries. We are supported financially by the European Commission.
We are looking for interns to assist in the development and implementation of Eurochild policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on child poverty and well-being, campaign on deinstitutionalisation and quality alternative care for children, child and youth participation, and mainstreaming of children’s rights in all EU processes.
- Support policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above;
- Monitor developments of European and international policies regarding children’s rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team;
- Support Eurochild working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc) and preparation of relevant events planned for 2015/2016;
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of events and meetings, as appropriate.
- University degree or relevant experience in children’s rights and well-being
- Good understanding of European social policy and fundamental rights agenda
- National-level experience in one of the Eurochild priority areas is a strong asset
- Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level are desirable
- Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset
- Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team
Please complete this online form in English, add your CV (pdf) and submit.
Deadline for applications: 7 July 2015
Only successful candidates will be invited to interviews on 16-17 July (face-to-face in Brussels or via Skype). The selection process will include a written exercise to be completed prior to the interview. If selected for interviewing you will be notified and sent the exercise on 10 July, deadline 13 July 9 am.
Confidentiality: All information given on the application will be treated in a confidential manner. By submitting your CV you agree Eurochild might contact references provided.