FEANTSA – Fundraiser, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Candidature entro: 12 luglio 2015
Friends of the Earth Europe is seeking a Fundraiser.
Deadline: 23:59 Sunday July 12th 2015
Based in: Friends of the Earth Europe office, Brussels
Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites over 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see www.foeeurope.org for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a green NGO working at the European level in Brussels. You will be working in a highly respected campaigning organisation, as part of a vibrant European network.
Purpose of the role:
Develop and implement Friends of the Earth Europe fundraising strategy designed to maximize Friends of the Earth Europe’s income in line with its strategic aims, researching and pursuing funding opportunities with a broad range of funders including the European Union, charitable trusts and foundations, government institutions and other donors.
- Plan and conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, including mission critical EU operating grant application;
- Assure high quality proposals being submitted;
- Identify potential new funders in line with Friends of the Earth Europe’s strategic needs and in consultation with programmes and the Management Team;
- Conduct donor research, monitor relevant trends and evaluate the funding potential across the network;
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of current funders, funding opportunities and the outcomes of all funding proposals, including funder’s feedback;
- Support fundraising-related work carried out by the programme staff and national member organisations, i.e. by identifying those who can offer support or cooperating with Programme Coordinators to enhance the overall fundraising capacity of the network;
- Assist colleagues to develop fundraising skills, especially in writing successful funding applications;
- Set up and manage reporting processes with programmes and finance, ensuring timely delivery of high quality reports and meeting reporting obligations;
- Maintain comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date fundraising guidelines and support colleagues to implement them effectively;
- Prepare income forecasts for Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns and activities;
- Work with the Finance team to update programme/project budgets and the annual budget, plans and financial forecasts;
- Work with the Communications team to assure that outreach is in line with reports and achievements;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- At least three years fundraising experience with the European Union, private donors and governmental institutions;
- Thorough knowledge of current funding trends especially for environmental work;
- Ability to identify funders who provide a good strategic match to Friends of the Earth Europe’s aims and values;
- Ability to present Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns and work programme in creative and attractive ways;
- Knowledge of EU structures and funding procedures;
- Good comprehension of campaigning;
- Solid knowledge of theory of change, logframe and other project design frameworks;
- Good understanding of budgeting and finances;
- Proven organisational skills in setting up and managing processes;
- Networking, communication and negotiation skills;
- Self motivating, able to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads;
- Innovative and creative, with ability to develop and implement new ideas;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages an asset;
- Strong commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth Europe.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Salary between Euro 2.698 – 3.794 gross, depending on experience, plus benefits (13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, hospitalization insurance). Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium.
Friends of the Earth Europe offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building.
If you feel you meet our criteria, and are inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send us a motivation letter with a CV and contact details for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 Sunday July 12th 2015 latest.
The recruitment process will consist of two steps: a written test that will help selecting candidates for an interview. Written tests will take place on the 14-15 July. Interviews will take place within a week – 10 days after the tests.
Only candidates selected for the test and interviews will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.