FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer for Humanitarian Response Preparedness and DRR in Bangladesh
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando:
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 2 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Community Based Development da inviare in Bangladesh.
Scadenza invio candidature: 10 aprile 2019
- Mapping forecast-based early Action at urban and rural context in Bangladesh.
- Support pilot action designing at multi-hazard prone urban context, landslide prone zone, Flash flood prone zone, Monsoon flood zone, Drought prone zone, Salinity prone zone and Cyclone prone zone.
- Support pilot programme implementation and evaluation on forecast based early action and pilot action designing.
- Maintain regular coordination with different project teams to identify issues for documentation.
- The Volunteer will be reportable to the Manager- DRR of ActionAid Bangladesh with a coordination with Head of Humanitarian Response of ActionAid Bangladesh and support the operation to carry out the above-mentioned task.
Communication and Awareness on EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
- Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
- Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
- Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
- Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
- Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
- Degree in Social Science/Disaster Risk Management discipline.
- Post graduate diploma in Forecast-based early Action is preferred.
- Preferable understanding of gender, women rights, child protection Disaster Risk Management (DRM) including experience in urban and rural setting in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Understanding on Humanitarian response program designing
- Understanding on humanitarian program implementation and evaluation.
- Willingness to frequent field visit.
- Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other cultures, customs and traditions;
- Stress management;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Experience in developing countries is preferred;
- Professional experience in similar activities.
- Prior volunteer experience is an asset.
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position
Eligibility and exception criteria
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from October 2019.
Candidates must satisfy the requirements set out in Regulation (EU) No 375/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 3 April 2014 establishing the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps (“EU Aid Volunteers initiative”), which include having a minimum age of 18 years old and being a citizen of EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State.
View the full vacancy and apply here