FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Child Protection in Nepal, Okhaldhunga
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando: Chiuso
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Child Protection da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza invio candidature: 25 marzo 2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support the planning and implementing of children’s development projects.
• support children’s development project staffs in their daily work; identify child’s needs and contribute with new ideas to address the issues;
• work in child clubs and cooperate with the teachers to implement the child development projects;
• develop workshop for local staff/teachers/parents and coach project staffs for more effective delivery of the projects.
• participate to all relevant meetings with local stakeholders and team coordination meetings;
• support the projects’ monitoring and visit the activities implemented in the surrounding villages, collecting data from the ground and suggesting constructive feedbacks;
• support the development of a database, organizing all data from the projects;
• work on the elaboration and writing of content and manual for child protection projects;
• review existing projects and provide feedback;
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
• Degree in development studies (i.e. international relation/social studies/political science), education, child psychology or similar;
• Good in spoken and written English;
• Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
• Good ability to adapt to in rural community living in deprived areas;
• Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
• Ability to manage limited resources.
• Experience in volunteering desired;
• Experience in child development projects or youth work;
• Good general knowledge of the full Office suite.
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.
View the full vacancy and apply here