FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Community Based Development in Nepal, Okhaldhunga
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando:
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Community Based Development da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza invio candidature: 19 marzo 2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support Youth empowerment projects. Youth may play an active role in all aspects of development and resilience building but these roles are rarely acknowledged and not included into formal systems. Youth between 18 and 35 years of age often get left out of formal mechanisms, therefore, specific focus and special actions need to be put in place to capture and address specific vulnerabilities of youth and to recognize and strengthen their capacities.
• check out the VIN annual and monthly work plan of Youth programmes;
• support the empowering plan and the delivering of the projects at the local level;
• conduct empowerment workshops with the youth.
• participate to the team coordination meetings;
• participate to all relevant meetings with local stakeholders to develop youth networks;
• reach out activities and visit to the field in the surrounding villages;
• contribute to develop new projects’ proposals for youth-led community based development with the grant manager and seek for funding opportunities.
• monitor the projects, collects feedback and advice for the better solutions;
• maintain database on projects and results and write periodical reports.
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position.
- Degree in development studies (i.e. international relation/social studies/political science..) or similar;
- Good in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability to adapt to in rural community living in deprived areas;
- Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to manage limited resources;
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Experience in Youth-led community development projects or in community based development;
- Good general knowledge of the full Office suite.
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.
Read the full vacancy and apply here