FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Environment Protection in Nepal
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando: Chiuso
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Environment Protection da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza invio candidature: 19 marzo 2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support Environmental projects.
Protecting the environment is an essential measure, given that climate change has increased the number of natural disasters, causing a higher number of deaths and injuries as well as increased property and economic losses. Human vulnerability to natural hazards is further exacerbated by ongoing environmental degradation and lacking or ineffective environmental policies. The most vulnerable are often those who are most dependent on natural resources for their livelihoods. Ecosystem restoration and sustainable management of natural resources can therefore play a critical role in people’s ability to prevent, cope with and recover from disasters.
• Conduct workshops, training and Capacity Building to VIN field staffs and volunteers;
• Support awareness raising campaigns on environment conservation and sustainable management in collaboration with local volunteers in the surrounding villages.
• participate to all relevant meetings with local stakeholders to develop a network of environmental organizations in the country;
• participate to the team coordination meetings;
• monitor environmental projects and identify the major issues in the VIN’s project sites.
• support the elaboration and writing of guidelines on environment protection projects;
• Support to develop innovative environment conservation projects and implementation plan;
• do researches on environment related issues effecting the country;
• contribute to develop new proposals and seek for funding opportunities on the topic.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position.
- Degree in environmental science or development studies (i.e. international relation/social studies/political science);
- Interest in environmental protection and related issues;
- Good in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability to adapt to in rural community living in deprived areas;
- Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to manage limited resources;
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Experience in environmental projects;
- Good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.
Read the full vacancy and apply here