FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Human Resources Management in Nepal, Kathmandu
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando:
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Human Resources Management da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza invio candidature: 10 aprile 2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support Youth empowerment projects. Youth may play an active role in all aspects of development and resilience building but these roles are rarely acknowledged and not included into formal systems. Youth between 18 and 35 years of age often get left out of formal mechanisms, therefore, specific focus and special actions need to be put in place to capture and address specific vulnerabilities of youth and to recognize and strengthen their capacities.
- participate in training activities, encouraging and supporting staff in their training and development;
- train managers in performance management cultural area by leading the capability-related caseworks;
- assist staffing conduct staffs survey by interview and observation, assess their skills and competencies;
- explore the need of staffs and conduct staffs development workshops
- check and support to update JD.
participate to all staff coordination meetings and provide support and guidance to the HR administration team.
Writing and studies
- support in preparing specific and regular management reports on volunteers and staff performance management and management improvements.
- keep up to date information regarding developments in human resources practices, employment legislation and share this knowledge within team.
Communication and Awareness on EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position.
- Degree or master degree in Human resources related fields or similar
- Specific interest in Human Resources Management
- Good in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to manage limited resources.
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Minimum 1 year experience in HR management;
- Good general knowledge of the full Office suite.
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.