FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Project Management in Nepal, Kathmandu
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando:
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers, FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Project Management da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza invio candidature: 10 aprile 2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support Youth empowerment projects. Youth may play an active role in all aspects of development and resilience building but these roles are rarely acknowledged and not included into formal systems. Youth between 18 and 35 years of age often get left out of formal mechanisms, therefore, specific focus and special actions need to be put in place to capture and address specific vulnerabilities of youth and to recognize and strengthen their capacities.
Writing and monitoring
- support the Program Managers & grant writer to develop the monitoring and reporting templates for the projects.
- document/update current funding records in the digital database system and also in preparing hard copies, including grant tracking and reporting.
- research and identify public and private donor agencies for funding existing and new programs.
- support to manage the end to end process required to prepare, submit, and manage grants.
- relate with the funding agencies and collaborate to organize possible monitoring and follow up visits.
- cooperate to develop necessary promotional / IEC materials for organizational visibility in the projects;
- update project news and events on regular basis on VIN website.
participate to all team coordination meetings
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position.
- Degree or master degree in Development studies or relevant fields
- Specific interest in Project Management
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to manage limited resources
- Advanced knowledge of the full Office suite.
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Minimum 2 year experience in Project Management.
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.