FOCSIV – Junior EU Aid Volunteer in Public Health Specialist in Nepal
Durata: da 6 a 12 mesi
Tipo di programma: Opportunità UE
Stato del bando: Chiuso
Età minima: 18
Area geografica: Asia
Nell’ambito dell’iniziativa europea EU Aid Volunteers FOCSIV ricerca 1 Junior EU Aid Volunteers in Public Health Specialist da inviare in Nepal.
Scadenza per l’invio delle candidature: 19/03/2019
Under the direct supervision and mentoring of the VIN Program Coordinator, the EU Aid Volunteer will support public health programmes coordination.
• support identify major needs of the community through research and studies and develop strategic plan for addressing the needs of the community
• participate to all relevant meetings with local stakeholders;
• participate to the team coordination meetings.
• hold regular meetings with local volunteers and support them implementing the project;
• monitor the project implementation and provide them with regular feedback.
• conduct health awareness campaigns and outreach activities in the surrounding villages;
• support the organisation of orientation trainings to the locals.
• check for projects’ progress, collect updates and write quarterly reports of activities;
• support the writing of manuals/documents on the health activities.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
No apprenticeship is foreseen for this position.
- Health studies (i.e. Public health or medicine or nursing etc);
- Knowledge about public health issues in Asian or other developing countries;
- Good in spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability to adapt to in rural community living in deprived areas;
- Good ability in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to manage limited resources;
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting from June 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in FOCSIV HQ, in Roma, starting from late July 2019;
• Deployment starting from November 2019.
Read the full vacancy and apply here