Fondazione Internazionale Buon Pastore – Program Officer, Roma
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Scadenza: 28 febbraio 2017
Fondazione Internazionale Buon Pastore ONLUS |Good Shepherd International Foundation-GSIF looking for a ProgramOfficer (PO)
Duration: 3 years
Contract: Commercio CCNL – 3°livello (contratto di apprendistato)
Age limit: 29
Accountable to: Director
Salary (RAL): 20.647 Euro annual gross
Travel: up to 30% of the time
Application: Deadline 28th February 2017
The Fondazione InternazionaleBuonPastore ONLUS (Good Shepherd International Foundation ONLUS – GSIF) is an Italian non-profit organization established in 2008 to support the missions of the Good Shepherd Sisters in the developing world. The Foundation is based in Rome and works in partnership with the Good Shepherd partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The GSIFis currently looking foraProgram Officer (PO)with specific skills inGrant Writing, Grants Management and Monitoring and Evaluation of international development projects. The PO willcontribute to strengthen the impact of GSS grassroots projects in poverty eradication, women empowerment andprotection of vulnerable youth bysupporting the GISF and its partners in mobilizing resources and managing grants in compliance with donors’ requirements.
His/her duties will include:
- Collaborate with the Program Managers (PMs) in Rome and the local project managersin Africa, Asia and Latin America in assessing local needs and planning new projects, reviewing existing projects, preparing application forms for funding agencies and project reports;
- Supervising the management of grants from international and local donors during the whole cycle of the project;
- Manage the information gathering process for quarterly and annual results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed (e.g. national and international funding agencies, UN agencies and internal Committees);
- Contribute to preparing project and program’s progress reports, annual reports and other required reports;
- Support the staff and other committees of the Good Shepherd sisters to analyze and document good practices, lessons learned, trends, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues, etc;
- Occasional site visits to the projects to collect data, prepare new applications for funding, run evaluation of projects;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Supervisor: This position will be supervised by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences or a related field is required; an advanced degree in International development preferred;
- At least 2 years of experience, preferably with NGOs or similar organizations,ingrant writing and grants management, Project Cycle Management, grant seeking, impact evaluation and baseline data collection;
- Quantitative data analysis experience can be complemented by experience conducting assessments and collecting qualitative information;
- Academic training or specialized coursework in PCM and/or monitoring and evaluation is strongly preferred;
- Excellent writing skills in English, particularly for grant-seeking purposes
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision; comfortable working in a an environment with multiple actors from different socio-cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time;
- Fluency in Italian and English, both written and oral is essential; good command or French, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus;
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation, and analytical skills;
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets and database management are essential;
- Previous working or volunteer experience with religious organization is a plus;
- Mission oriented and strong commitment towards social justice and human rights.
Applications (CV and motivation letter) shall be sent to email@example.com July 28th, 2017. Only applicants under 29 and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.