Greenpeace European Unit – Assistant to the executive coordinator, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 5 settembre 2016
Assistant to the executive coordinator – Based in the European Unit in Brussels
Greenpeace European Unit is part of the international Greenpeace network, an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
In Europe, Greenpeace is present in 24 countries, and its European Unit in Brussels plays a central role in developing and implementing strategies for European campaigns. This work is overseen by a board of national Greenpeace directors and a general assembly representing all European Greenpeace offices.
Main purpose and tasks
Work in close cooperation with the executive coordinator of the Greenpeace European Unit, and, under her supervision, to:
- ensure the smooth operation of the board of Greenpeace European Unit as well as its general assembly, in particular by providing administrative support prior, during and after meetings; keeping the corresponding membership logs, mailing lists and contact sheets up-to-date; keeping an overview of ad hoc working groups and sub-committees, their objectives and timelines, and prompting action as necessary;
- manage hard and soft filing systems and databases, specifically for governance documentation as well as correspondence with EU institutions;
- carry out administrative tasks in support of the director’s function and the Unit as a whole, including the preparation of documentation in advance of meetings, logistics for meetings and video conferences, handling requests for group visits at the European Unit and for contribution to academic research;
- logistic support to visiting colleagues from abroad.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, with a good knowledge of at least one other European language.
- You have secretarial experience, in particular with filing and sharing documents online, and managing and working with databases.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You have time-management skills; you are organised and able to set priorities, to plan, anticipate your and other people’s deadlines and to follow up on decisions and action points.
- You are not afraid to suggest innovation, or improvement to existing systems and processes.
- You have a “can do” and collaborative attitude and a sense of humour.
- You have good interpersonal skills and act with tact and diplomacy.
- You are good at taking notes, reporting and writing, and you can type fast, even under pressure.
- You are committed to environmental protection and the values that Greenpeace represents.
If you do not fulfil all the aspects of this profile, you can demonstrate that you are a keen learner, motivated to acquire the necessary skills and experience to fulfil the role to a high standard.
Please email your application to gaetane.binon[at]greenpeace.org and address it to Ms Gaëtane Binon. Please write “Application – Assistant to the Executive Coordinator” in the subject line.
- a CV of maximum two pages (no photos);
- a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your motivation and including the date when you would be able to start.
The deadline for applications is 9.00am on Monday 5 September 2016.
After phone interviews, a first round of face-to-face interviews will take place in the week commencing 19 September.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to candidates who have been short-listed for interviews. We thank you for your understanding.