GVC – Project Manager, Libano
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 23 luglio 2017
La ONG GVC sta selezionando un Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata contratto un anno, rinnovabile.
PROJECT MANAGER – LEBANON
Location: Lebanon – Akkar and Beirut
Job Title: Project Manager
Type of contract: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: 23rd of July 2017
GVC is considering the appointment of a qualified Project Manager to be responsible for managing, coordinating, supervising, monitoring and reporting on the activities related to the Project Promoting sustainable managing of water services and resources in countries affected by the Syrian Crisis – Madad Trust Fund.
Main tasks and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for the management of the activities of the Project, ensuring accurate and timely reporting according to GVC, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring for project technical (1) and social (2) staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback.
- Direct supervision of the contracts with the Contractor and the Consultancy Firm.
- Relation with communities and local government.
- Relation with Donors and coordination group in Akkar and Beyrut.
- Organization of surveys and analysis of data collected from the field and preparation of reports to be divulgate at national level.
- Participate in WASH coordination meetings, representing GVC and feeding back to the Country Representative and GVC WASH sector coordinator on relevant issues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned project staff, and GVC WASH sector coordinator as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
- In collaboration with Country Representative and GVC WASH sector coordinator, develop and implement an appropriate and effective WASH strategy, setting clear objectives and indicators, for WASH activities in consultation with other WASH staff and field managers, and, where appropriate, with the local communities.
- Develop new proposals, linked to GVC WASH Country Strategy, in conjunction with Country Representative, and GVC WASH sector Technical Advisor.
- Manage the project budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet GVC standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance, in strict collaboration with GVC administrator in Lebanon.
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of the results, assess project impact and effective use of resources.
- Capitalization of research and innovative activities of GVC WASH intervention in Lebanon.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in engineer, environmental science or related water and sanitation specialization.
- 5 years of Project Management (development) with at least 3 years in water and sanitation programs including component of water management.
- Experience in managing at least 2 EU funded projects.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in WASH projects.
- Experience in working with administrative and technical local Authorities, preferably in elaborating strategic plan and common actions.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of proposals.
- Good proposal writing skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment as well as excellent reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to properly represent GVC externally.
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Previous experience in Middle East countries would be considered an asset.
- English fluently, knowledge of French and/or Arabic would be considered an asset.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform under stress condition.
- Capacity to autonomously work and in problems prevention/resolution.
Application procedures: send CV to email@example.com; reference L7 only pre-selected candidates will be contacted
*please note that this vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if sufficient applications are received