GVC – Protection Program Manager, Lebanon
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 14 maggio 2017
Disponibilità: 15 giugno 2017
La ONG GVC sta selezionando un/a Protection Program Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano.
PROTECTION PROGRAM MANAGER – LEBANON
Location: Lebanon, Bekaa Valley_ Zahle
Job Title: Protection Programme Manager
Type of contract: 10 months contract with possibility of extension
Starting date: 15th of June 2017
Application deadline: 14th May 2017
Application procedures: send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference L6, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted
Summary of Key Functions and Responsibilities
The Protection Program Manager will be leading the development of GVC Protection programming in Lebanon, under the overall strategic supervision of the Global Protection Advisor of GVC. He/she will be providing technical assistance and supervision, day to day coordination, capacity building to national/international staff and donor compliance.
The Protection Program Manager will actively contribute to improve GVC’s protection strategy and policies being part of GVC Regional Protection Task Force.
This position reports to the Country Director and line manage an expatriate emergency officer, a local Liaison Officer, a Local Protection Coordinator and two project teams. The program responds to the Syrian refugee crisis.
Specific functions and tasks:
Line managed by the Country Director, the Protection Program Manager performs a variety of functions:
- Lead in the fine-tuning, contextualization and definition of GVC Community-Based Protection Approach in Lebanon, assuring the consistency of the approach with the needs and mechanisms of the overall Response to the Syrian crisis.
- Manage, mainstream and assure consistency of the implementation of GVC Community-based Protection Approach in all targeted areas.
- Lead the systematization and elaboration of synergies between the data collection methodologies and the GVC Internal dynamic software and IMS.
- Conduct systematic coaching for the staff to mainstream the Integrated Protection Approach, and improve collection, management and systematization of related data.
- Supervise the specific Work Plans of GVC Community-based Protection Approach, and assuring its timely accomplishment.
- Lead the technical support and assistance to projects teams and mainly in surveys designing, planning, implementation.
- Draft reports based on technical feedback from the relevant local staff.
- Oversee program implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to GVC, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports.
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of the results, assess project impact and effective use of resources.
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring for program staff, ensuring clarity over program plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of program objectives, and opportunity for feedback
- Provide staff coaching and technical supervision to develop ownership / responsibility for project activities
- Manage the program budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet GVC standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance
Communication and coordination:
- Participate in Protection related coordination meetings and other relevant working groups or meetings as required, representing GVC and feeding back to the Country Director on relevant issues
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned program staff, and GVC WASH sector coordinator as well as other relevant takeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
– Education to MSc level (or equivalent) relevant to human rights, social work, social science or other relevant fields;
– Abreast of current development and best practices in Protection, Community-Based Protection Approaches and LRRD;
– Proven experience in Community-based Protection and Integrated Protection Programming.
Required skills and experience:
– Specific experience of managing ECHO projects, with at least 2 years experience;
– Minimum of 5 years program management experience in the field;
– Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team;
– Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in humanitarian programs;
– Experience in working with administrative and technical local Authorities, preferably in elaborating strategic plan and common actions;
– Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
– Experience of representation in external forums;
– Good proposal writing skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment as well as excellent reporting skills;
– Excellent communication skills and ability to properly represent GVC externally;
– Strong influencing skills;
– Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy;
– Fluent in written and spoken English;
– Knowledge of Arabic would be considered an asset.