Human Dynamics – Senior Project Managers, Vienna, Brussels, Paris or Cologne
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 1 marzo 2016
Human Dynamics is a leading provider of premium consulting services. We use our extensive knowledge and experience of public sector clients’ operations, effective project cycle and change management practices to deal with economic, institutional development, good governance and sectoral policy issues. We provide innovative and customised solutions of the highest quality to promote economic development and inclusive growth in middle income and developing countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and Central and Eastern Europe regions.
Our teams work on multi-annual complex capacity building projects managing multi-million Euro donor-funded contracts, which consist of over 30+ professionals in our offices and in the field.
Human Dynamics is recruiting resourceful Senior Project Managers to support the continued expansion of our portfolio and to manage the development of solutions for our clients. The ideal candidates will have particular experience in climate change, the transport or energy sectors, and economic development more generally. You will be someone who is highly motivated and an ambitious self-starter, keen to take advantage of the opportunities this position offers at the cutting edge of development solutions.
As a core member of a team working on multi-dimensional projects, you will manage large scale assignments and projects that involve the development of bespoke and cutting-edge technical proposals that feature innovative, value for money solutions. You will draw on best international practice and benchmarked results to provide the foundations for appraising the economic impacts of sound development and identifying how public sector institutions can further their development. You will also be responsible for presenting and explaining this technical work to clients in an accessible, engaging and timely manner.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing day-to-day project delivery, under the supervision of the Directors and Partners;
- Specifying and developing cutting-edge technical proposals for international tenders and implemented projects;
- Managing field teams to ensure timely, quality and on budget deliverables;
- Building and maintaining relationships with beneficiaries, clients and potential target clients, and other stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining strong networks, particularly in the aforementioned regions;
- Acting as a subject matter expert on current and future engagements, also providing this expertise to other members of staff as required;
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge;
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, both with existing and new clients.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Top academic/professional qualifications in relevant discipline, such as economics, engineering, energy etc.;
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate complex technical approaches in plain language to clients and internal teams;
- Languages: fluent English is essential. Professional knowledge of French will be considered an advantage
- Proven experience (5+ years), preferably in consulting, government or donor environments, in the transport, energy or related sectors, including experience in developing economies;
- Extensive knowledge of traditional infrastructure and capacity building appraisal techniques;
- Experience of managing large scale technical assistance projects with the practical application of innovative methodologies;
- Experience in producing stakeholder communications related to complex projects appraisal and related concepts;
- Experience of undertaking a client facing role on a day-to-day basis;
- Experience of working in, and managing, field teams;
- Experience with EU, IFI, or national/regional development financed projects and programmes will be considered an asset.
We offer an internationally competitive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience.
Please send your covering letter and curriculum vitae, including an indication of salary expectations, to email@example.com, quoting Reference HD-2016-SPM.