INTERSOS – Regional Director Middle East, Rome and Beirut
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Scadenza: 25 marzo 2016
Disponibilità: maggio 2016
REGIONAL DIRECTOR MIDDLE EAST
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts, exclusion and negligence. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
The present organisational structure of INTERSOS Programmes Unit is made of a team of one Director of Programmes and four Regional Directors. The Regional Director is responsible for the management, strategic programming, implementation of activities and achievement of objectives relating to the INTERSOS missions in Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq as well as for possible new interventions in the area of her/his responsibility; The Regional Director represents the Organization in relation to third parties in the region of assignment on the basis of directives conferred by the Director of Programmes.
- Terms of reference
Job title: Regional Director
Location: Rome and/or Beirut with frequent field missions
Reporting to: Director of Programmes (DoP)
Starting date: May 2016
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
- Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Programmes and referring to the region of assignment:
- Ensure coherence in the Programmes portfolio of INTERSOS;
- To ensure compliance with Organization and donor policies, procedures and legal
- Ensure coherence of Programmes ambitions with INTERSOS resource policies and with the 3 Years Strategic Plan;
- Support HoM in the preparation of the country strategic plans
- Support, and coach the Heads of Missions (HoM’s); supervise the management of human resources employed in the region of assignment
- Support and follow up of specific dossiers of Programmes Department;
- Lead and steer the preparation of the annual exercise of the INTERSOS missions under her/his responsibility;
- Supervise the entire process of PCM (assessment, project writing, reports…)
- Contribute in deciding exploratory missions, starting, reorienting and ending projects through the relevant decision making platforms;
- Develop and exercise a representative function vis-à-vis governments, national and international bodies and sponsors;
- Contribute to the reflection of HQ about the regional crisis, in order to consider potentialities and eventually to extend our presence in the region
- Work on enhancing the humanitarian debate.
- Required profile/experience
- Education: Advanced university degree on human sciences or international relations.
- Experience: Field working experience of at least eight years in managing humanitarian programmes with increasing responsibilities.
- Previous experience in Middle East countries is a plus.
- Languages: English; Italian and Arabic are a strong plus.
- Knowledge: ITC literacy compulsory
- Competences: Strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to:firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Regional Director ME”
Vacancy expiration date: the 25th of March 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview