ITUC – Outreach Communication Officer, Bruxelles
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 25 gennaio 2016
- Responsible for the TUDCN (Trade Union Development Cooperation Network) communication and outreach instruments: including the production of a monthly news-bulletin, updating the projects database & website, and editing and production of publications
- Producing content on issues relevant to TUDCN work for use in the media, and promoting readership and engagement on these issues
- Writing meeting reports and editing policy documents
- Providing narrative reporting and information on international development cooperation debates, and on policy evolutions within CSO platforms and other stakeholders (governments, multilateral institutions, …)
- Preparing inquiries, studies and documents for information purposes and policy setting
- Streamlining and upgrading outreach tools (position papers, information materials, documentation for research and knowledge-sharing)
- Assisting with the follow-up to and reporting from the network meetings and making the results more visible for the affiliated organisations and other stakeholders
- Contributing to the narrative and evidence-based programme reporting to the current donors.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Knowledgeable about research and inquiry methods.
- Ability to understand and re-formulate complex information
- Familiar with web-editing, social media, newsletter/emailing and on-line communication and cooperation tools. Knowledge of graphic design and layout/publishing skills will be considered an asset.
- Fluent in the use of basic and relevant office software
- Familiar with development cooperation policies and debates
- Excellent command in English and in French and working knowledge in Spanish. The coverage of all these three languages will be considered as an asset.
- Familiar with and interested in working in a trade union environment.
We offer an attractive salary and significant extra-legal benefits. We are an Equal-Opportunity employer and we encourage appropriately-qualified women, candidates from developing countries and members of minorities to apply.
Closing date: 25 January 2016
Applications: Applications should be sent, together with CV, to Vik Meeuws, Human Resources Director