Jesuit Refugee Service – Finance Coordinator, Rome
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Scadenza: 30 aprile 2016
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people.
The organisation was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in over 45 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of refugees and displaced people, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs.
The Finance Coordinator, based in the International Office in Rome and reporting to the Assistant International Director, is responsible for managing and overseeing the International Office and regional offices financial processes. He/she will provide operational support to field offices. The Finance Coordinator will assist the Assistant International Director in the development of JRS financial policies, procedures and supporting tools. He/she will play a role in maintaining good collaboration with the Programs Department through the revision of project submissions as well as developing strategic communication with donors. In collaboration with other departments in the International Office, Regional and National offices, the Finance Coordinator will ensure the planning of financial activities to maximise the efficiency of the Finance Department.
Location: Rome, Italy
Report to: Assistant International Director
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for providing operational and financial support to Regions. This includes monthly financial reporting, and proactive remote and onsite technical assistance of JRS financial tools. He/she will provide guidance with regards to processes related to procurement, travels, external and internal auditing. In particular, she/he will:
• Provide financial support to regions and guidance in financial investigations of irregularities following internal procedures;
• Provide technical assistance and training to regions in the best use of JRS financial tools and systems;
• Undertake remote and onsite regional financial reviews in close collaboration with the Regional Director and the Regional Finance Officer;
• Support Regional Offices in preparing for and conducting annual external audits;
• Lead the development and review of new or existing financial policies, procedures and tools;
• Support the Programmes Department in drafting and reviewing project proposals;
• In collaboration with the Programmes Department, develop and maintain strategic relationships with key donors;
• Provide accounting and financial support to the International Office when required.
Qualifications and experience:
• A University degree in accounting, finance, business and administration, or related areas;
• At least three (3) years of professional experience working in an accounting or finance-related role;
• Professional experience in a similar capacity with international, non-profit organizations.
Core values and competencies:
• Enthusiasm for the faith-based mission of JRS and willingness to advocate based on the JRS mission and vision.
• Self-direction, creativity, and follow up skills to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met;
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and promote effective teamwork;
• Strong management, analytical and interpersonal skills;
• Good organizational skills and high attention to detail;
• Ability to work with and maintain good relationships with multiple stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in working in developing countries is highly desirable;
• Willingness to work and travel to refugee settings in challenging environments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and one or more internationally-recognized accounting systems;
• Prior experience in accounting, book keeping procedures, account reconciliation and data analysis;
• Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to accounting, financial controls and financial information systems;
• Strong knowledge of laws and regulations that have an impact on financial analysis and management controls.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; professional working knowledge of French or Spanish is highly desirable;
• Good knowledge of Italian will be considered as an asset.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Contract is for two years, renewable with an initial probationary period of six months. The JRS remuneration policy is aligned with the JRS ethos to offer effective and professional services and at the same time express solidarity with the people served. The salary is calculated with the use of a post-adjustment multiplier and takes into account years of relevant experience and degree of responsibility of the role. Details will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
Non-European Union nationals must be in possession of an Italian work visa and right of abode in Italy. Applicants will not be considered unless they meet this requirement.
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents through the online form below:
1) Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, including three (3) professional references with contact information, phone and email address.
2) A cover letter describing the candidate’s desire and motivation to work for JRS and how her/his qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 30 April 2016 on http://en.jrs.net/
Applications received after this date will not be considered.