Médecins du Monde – Educatore, Reggio Calabria
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
Disponibilità: agosto 2017
Scadenza: 10 agosto 2017
La ONG internazionale Médecins du Monde (MdM) Missione Italia sta selezionando un/a Educatore per la sua missione a Reggio Calabria.
Open position up: 10 August 2017
Starting date: 15/08/2017
Availability: 6 months
Base: Reggio Calabria
Context of the mission:
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
The crossing of the Mediterranean Sea by migrants is a phenomenon that has existed for over 20 years. It has increased a lot since the Arab Spring; where over 50 000 people have “landed” on the island of Lampedusa. Since then, the escalation of conflicts, in particular in the Middle East and the hardening of home and protection policies in European countries exacerbate this phenomenon.
MdM has open a mission in Italy end of 2015 implementing projects based on health and psycho social activities both for UASCs and adult asylum seekers. From June 2017, MdM started a collaboration with UNICEF aiming to increase opportunities for UASCs to have access to social inclusion as well to strengthened the capacity of the services provide operating in the reception centers.
Human Resources of the mission:
The team is composed by:
- A general coordinator, Administration team, Project Manager
- A team in charge of projects focus to improve access to health for migrants in the south of Italy
- A team in charge of psycho social activities implementation in the UASCs center
Duties and responsibility:
- Responsible of the organisation and implementation of education activities (inclusive education and active learning programme) inside and outside centres inline with the project work-plan and project proposal
- Support and Follow up the educational activities organised by operators’ centres
- Contribute to the development and implementation of psycho social activities
- Support the development and implementation of psycho social activities
- Develop strategies and plan actions for Child Protection response, in line with the programme, the community needs, and the official Italian policies
- Work to ensure Child Protection quality standards Child Protection quality standards
- Ensure activities are properly documented and prepare internal reports
- Ensure active participation to project and partners meeting
- Cooperate with medical and psycho social Team and logistical staff in the organization of events, activities when it is required.
- Degree preferably in social sciences/education or diploma of professional qualification;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in education, psychosocial support and child protection with organizations, associations (public or private) dealing with migrants or destitute;
- Working experience in migration sector is an asset, with UASCs highly desired;
- Essential, Italian and English and French, Somali as a plus;
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
- Good attitudes to work in multidisciplinary teams.
Teamwork, Creative and flexibility. You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit Curriculum vitae and motivation letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Educator”.
According to urgent need to fill the position, Medici del Mondo Francia therefore reserves the capacity to close the position earlier. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.