Niños de Guatemala – Communications Manager, Guatemala
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 gennaio 2017
Niños de Guatemala envisions a world in which communities are educated, empowered, and entrepreneurial. Niños de Guatemala empowers communities in marginalized areas of Guatemala. We achieve this by providing education that extends beyond the traditional classroom across three levels: students, their families, and the larger community. We aim to be sustainable both at the organizational and community level through initiating and supporting social business activities and fostering an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Communications Department Manager is a position that promotes the organization’s image locally and internationally. Currently, NDG has a strong presence in the Netherlands, a branch in France, is expanding in Guatemala, and recently registered in the US. Wider national and international recognition is a high priority for Ninos de Guatemala. The Communications Manager is involved all outward marketing of Niños de Guatemala and manages the creation of all content in Guatemala. They also liaise with the different constituent parts of NDG and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information between them.
Recruit, lead, coach, and supervise Communications Department interns including:
- Social Media Intern, Photography and Content creation intern, etc.
- First point of contact for the NGO.
- Oversee content production and outreach material including; brochures, pamphlets, fliers, newsletters, social media, press releases etc.
- Actively network with publications and organizations in Guatemala and abroad to promote the NDG brand.
- Main NDG contact for the NEON CRM Software including internal capacity building on it’s use.
- Ensure the Communication’s Department Interns are active members of the Income Generation Department. Including in the collaboration and support of other departments of NDG on variety of team fundraising initiatives.
- Active member of the Income Generation Department. Collaborate and support openly with other departments of NDG on a variety of fundraising initiatives
- Create a coherent internal communications plan and structure for the all of NDG’s different entities (Netherlands, France, US, & Guatemala)
- Create quarterly reports regarding communications progress as well as evaluate and monitor analytics and outreach across all platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish;
- University studies preferably in communication, journalism, marketing, business, public administration, non-profit management;
- A responsible, creative and independent work attitude;
- Highly proficient computer skills including a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress, lightroom and other editing software;
- Experience working with CRM software considered an asset;
- Proven experience of writing and editing;
- Availability to work full-time in Guatemala for at least one year;
- Dedication to NDG’s mission and orientation to its goals.
A competitive local salary, which is sufficient for a comfortable lifestyle in Guatemala
Frequent opportunities for internal capacity-building and on-going professional development.
The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment.
The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children.
Working hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 to 5 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications Department Manager Application” in the subject field.
Deadline to apply is January 15th. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and the listing will be removed once the position has been filled.
www.ninosdeguatemala.org / tel: (+502) 7832 8033