Oikos – Project Manager, Tanzania
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 31 dicembre 2016
Disponibilità: 1 febbraio 2017
Istituto Oikos sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Tanzania. Durata 1 anno rinnovabile.
Project: “Integrated actions to improve pastoralist communities’ resilience to climate change in North Tanzania”
Duration: 1 year renewable
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2016
The project “Integrated actions to improve pastoralist communities’ resilience to climate change in North Tanzania” (called TERRA), funded by the Italian International Cooperation Agency (AICS), will start in January 2017 and will last 3 years. The initiative joins, strengthens and consolidates the activities implemented by the EU funded project “ECOBOMA” which Istituto Oikos started in 2015 in the region. Both actions fall under the “Rangelands Management” programme, which addresses critical issues for pastoralists’ communities in Northern Tanzania such as rangelands degradation, increased vulnerability to climate change, increased food and water insecurity, lack of alternative income generating opportunities and unsustainable coping strategies.
General duties: The Project Manager will be in charge of the planning, implementation, monitoring and supervision of project activities in coordination with local and international partners and according to project document and donor procedure.
Manage and coordinate the project staff. In coordination with Oikos Administrator the PM will:
- Develop the Terms of Reference for the project personnel;
- Carry out the candidates’ selection;
- Prepare local contracts;
- Supervise staff field work and monthly timesheets;
- Evaluate staff’s performance.
- Prepare specific MoU with project partners and coordinate project activities with local counterparts, relevant actors and significant project stakeholders.
- Design and implement the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan to measure project progress and impact.
- Design and implement the visibility and communication plan, following donor’s procedure and under the supervision of Istituto Oikos HQ.
- Provide technical support for project activities implementation.
- Ensure the proper participation of the communities, project beneficiaries and stakeholders to the project activities, in order to achieve the targeted results.
- Plan and organise training for farmers and local authorities’ officers ensuring that project training guidelines are fulfilled (list of participants filled, training materials kept and inventoried, technical reports, evaluation, pictures, etc.).
- Organize and coordinate the missions of international experts, project partners, local consultants, local authorities and donors.
- Prepare technical reports on project implementation, according to donors’ and Oikos’ procedures.
- Manage, in collaboration with the Country Administrator, the project financial resources following AICS’ and Oikos’ internal procedures. In particular support the following:
a) monthly control of the budget and of the expenditures incurred;
b) verification of the monthly accountability reports to be sent in Italy;
c) preparation of the budget requests for Istituto Oikos HQ;
d) preparation of possible requests of budget revisions and no-cost extensions to donor delegation.
- Identify opportunities for further funding and assist in the submission of new project proposals to strengthen the intervention.
Qualifications, Skill and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in science related field, Rural Development Sciences, Environmental engineering or similar;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in one of the following areas: natural resource management, climate change, environmental enterprises, capacity building;
- At least 4 year experience in management of development projects funded by MAE-CI (AICS), EU, USAID;
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Strong experience in working with partners, good interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork;
- Experience working with local authorities and government counterparts;
- Familiarity with gender approach, women empowerment and social business;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills;
- Good reporting capacity;
- Swahili knowledge, previous experience in Tanzania and experience in income generating activities will be positively valued.
Duty Station is Arusha (Tanzania) with frequent field visits to project area and to the field station Mkuru Training Centre.
Remuneration according to qualifications and working experience.
Necessary documents for application:
Cover letter (max 1 page) expressing why you are interested in applying this position
Updated CV (with photo)
All interested applicants shall submit the above documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Vacancy Notice No. TERRA/TZ/2016 in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Istituto OIKOS provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, political affiliation, marital status.