Oxfam – EU Media and Communications Intern, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Candidature entro: 14 luglio 2015
Closing date: Tuesday 14th July 2015 @ 23:59 BST
Interviews: w/c July 20th in Brussels. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
The internship is for an initial period of 7 months with a possible extension of 3 months until end June 2016.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in Belgium
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
Oxfam International’s EU Advocacy Office in Brussels is seeking a EU Media and Communications Intern to promote policy issues ranging from climate change to income inequality and humanitarian assistance.
- Help design and implement Oxfam’s EU media and communications strategy.
- Draft, edit and proofread media products such as press releases and opinion pieces as well as internal newsletters.
- Support social media engagement and help manage current social media tools
- Conduct daily media monitoring and analysis.
- Help organize media briefings, advocacy events and media stunts
- Make follow-up calls to journalists to sell-in events or stories
- Keep Oxfam’s EU website up-to-date
- Keep media contacts and distribution lists up-to-date
- Educational background in communications / journalism with an interest in international politics and development; or educational background in international politics and development with an interest in communications / journalism.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English. Good knowledge of French is a plus.
- Multimedia and website management skills are highly desirable and strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) is a must. Good command of Photoshop is a plus.
- Experience engaging with social media and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of EU decision-making politics and processes.
- Effective team player with the ability to work and think both collaboratively independently, and to be resourceful and proactive.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org