ICMPD – Communication and Media Coordinator Development, Vienna
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 6 aprile 2016
ICMPD – International Centre for Migration Policy, Communication and Media Coordinator Development – Vienna (Austria)
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Eligible nationalities: All
Deadline for applications: 6 April 2016
Vacancy Reference: VA16P018V02
The Communication and Media Coordinator develops and implements outreach strategies towards its diverse target audience including ICMPD Member States, policy makers and the media, supporting ICMPD in achieving its organisational objectives.
S/he coordinates a decentralised team of communication officers assigned to ICMPD programmes and projects, ensuring that the organisation speaks with one voice and has a coherent identity. In this role, the Communication and Media Coordinator advises and supports ICMPD staff in planning and implementing project-level outreach activities.
Furthermore, s/he is the focal point for media and public relations. Amongst others, s/he leads the production of ICMPD’s annual report.
The Communication and Media Coordinator works under the supervision of the responsible Director. Besides working closely with other Communication officers in the organisation, s/he aligns closely with the Head of Unit External Relations and Member States. In her/his coordinating function, the incumbent also works collaboratively with the Programme Managers and staff in and outside ICMPD headquarters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The tasks of the Communication and Media Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Strategy development and coordination
- Prepare and conduct communication needs assessments for ICMPD and selected projects;
- Provide input for the communications component of ICMPD’s organisational strategy; develop yearly work plans;
- Coordinate all communication activities of ICMPD, ensuring that the organisation speaks with one voice and provides coherent messages;
- Provide advice and support to projects in the preparation and implementation of project-level communication;
- Regularly monitor communication expenditures.
Digital outreach and publications management
- Develop new and further improve existing communication tools, such as the website, newsletters, social media, and publications. Monitor and evaluates success of outreach, including digital;
- Coordinate the content management of ICMPD’s website and blog, leads the content production by drafting and editing contributions;
- Harmonise the current e-mail marketing strategy, leads the production of newsletters and ad-hoc email marketing campaigns;
- Lead the outreach on social media, incl. Twitter and Facebook;
- Develop and design visibility material for the organisation, coordinate the production of the annual report;
- Develop publication production and dissemination strategy including guidelines and policies, leading to a coherent quality, style and look of ICMPD publications;
- Manage the procurement for PR products with external suppliers.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ICMPD`s internal communications platforms.
Values, Qualification and Experience
Values, Attitude and Mindset
- Demonstrated appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organisation and the diversity of its staff and promotes ICMPD values: Commitment, Integrity, Partnership, Respect and Innovation in actions and decisions.
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in journalism, communication, political science, international relations or related fields;
- At least five years of professional experience as journalist or in a comparable communication assignment;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing communication strategies;
- Experience in acting as a coordinator of a decentralised team;
- State of the art knowledge of digital outreach;
- Hands-on experience with CMS and e-mail marketing;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills and proven ability to present information in a concise and clear manner;
- Pro-active in liaising, collection of inputs and reaching alignment between a project composed of various teams;
- Good in balancing requests, working under pressure and decision-making;
- Knowledge of migration issues and previous work experience with government representatives in Africa and Europe would be an asset;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in English and French, both in speaking and writing; German is an asset.
ICMPD offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and education.
Please address all your enquiries to email@example.com, indicating vacancy number and title of post in the subject line.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application through the ICMPD online recruitment system athttp://www.icmpd.org/Current-Vacancies.1665.0.html by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, you will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once you have entered your data you will be able to quickly apply for further vacancies and ICMPD can contact you if opportunities matching your profile arise in the future.
Please note that in the course of the online application you are requested to upload your CV in the EuropeAid format. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/Current-Vacancies.1665.0.html.
Should you experience technical difficulties with the online application system please send your application per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the type of difficulties you encountered.
Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application early.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Interviews will be held in the course of April 2016. Applicants are expected to be available during this time period for a personal/skype/telephone interview.
Selected candidates will have to provide a signed statement of exclusivity and availability, as well as evidence supporting the educational and professional experience record as per CV. This is a mandatory requirement for EuropeAid tenders.