SOS Children’s Villages – Project Manager, Milano
Luogo di lavoro: Italia
For our Emergency Programme in Italy we are seeking a Project Manager Migration Emergency Response
Reporting to: Managing Director SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) Italy
Thematic supervision: Head Programme and Advocacy SOS CV Italy
Office Location: SOS CV Italy (Milano)
Contract: Full-time employment – 12 months
Application deadline: August 28th, 2016
The North African crisis and the Syria war have provoked a continuous mixed (for asylum and economic reasons) flow of migrants that involves certain European countries, amongst which Italy. SOS Children’s Villages Italy aims at implementing an intervention to increase protection and tackle social exclusion for Unaccompanied Minors (UAMs) arrived in Italy. A first Emergency Project is starting in Crotone, Calabria.
Overall mission for the position
Manage the implementation of the Migration Emergency Response Programme in Italy in alignment with the Programme and Advocacy Department of SOS CV Italy and in collaboration with the SOS Children’s Villages International Emergency Response Team and the Mediterranean Migration Crisis Programme.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Project Team ensuring that they have clear objectives, work-plans and they receive meaningful and regular feedback on their performance.
- Carry out exploratory missions and develop situation analyses in order to assess potential additional interventions and/or to submit funding proposals.
- Closely monitor and evaluate status quo activities and results to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Supervise the financial management of the project in close collaboration with the Finance department of SOS CV Italy and ensure that all reporting deadlines and donor/SOS CV procedures are respected.
- Ensure information flow amongst key internal stakeholders.
- Advise the Managing Director and the Board of SOS CV Italy to support the required decision-making
- In alignment with the SOS Children’s Villages Italy Programme and Advocacy Department, actively participate in relevant networks with NGOs, UN agencies and government offices ensuring the preparation of reports, documents and data on Migrants situation in Italy and on SOS Emergency Response.
- Present the project activities to external audiences and work in close collaboration with the SOS CV Italy Communications and Fundraising Team.
- Ensure adherence to SOS CV policies such as the Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Standards and others as well as the minimum standards of humanitarian relief (ICRC Code of Conduct), National Guidelines on UAMs.
- University degree in Psychology, Development Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations or equivalent
- Master on Migration is a plus
- A minimum of five years’ experience in humanitarian aid and/or work in the area of migration/migration work/displacement
- Demonstrated experience in emergency project management including emergency needs assessment, project design, development and implementation
- Demonstrated critical thinking, strategic planning, performance monitoring and report writing experience
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in managing complex situations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong resilience to physical and psychological stress and strains
- Experience of working in virtual teams/building effective working relationships
- Fluency in English and Italian language, oral and written, is mandatory. Another European language is an asset.
- Experience in Child Protection in emergency and migration assistance a strong asset
- Country knowledge in terms of its political, economic and social trends is an asset
- Good Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 30% of working time
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 28.08.2016 at the latest to:, Human Resources, Milan, Italy – email@example.com