TDH – Programme Manager, Libano
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 4 dicembre 2016
Disponibilità: febbraio 2017
La ONG Terre des Hommes Italia sta selezionando un/a Programme Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano.
Programme Manager – Libano
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo- AICS).
In Bekaa, Terre des Hommes has been partnering with UNICEF, Terre des Hommes NL, and private donors since 2012, targeting refugee and vulnerable children and their families with a range of actions focussed on non-formal education and protection. The established Child Friendly Spaces in Arsal and Jdeide developed into Community Centers with center-based ( including focussed PSS and Case Management) and outreach activities ( mobile unit, establishment of Child Protection Committees, awareness activities etc). In 2015 thanks to the cooperation with the Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs, the programme expanded to several locations of Bekaa ( Hermel, Mashari’a al- Qa’a) and to Mount Lebanon.
In 2017 the programme will further expand so as to include new locations. Within this context Terre des Hommes Italia is looking for hiring an experienced Programme Manager, fully acquainted with the UN Agencies procedures.
- Relevant Master Degree (International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology, Middle Eastern Studies, International Cooperation etc.)
- Previous proven experience in management of UN Agencies funded programs/projects in the fields of Protection and/or Education, and/or Child Protection (at least two projects fully implemented from the design to the final report (providing evidences for that), including: design and organizing needs assessments, design of monitoring tools and reporting both on the financial and narrative levels.
- At least three years of experience in managing projects abroad.
- Acquaintance with the Middle East context.
- Perfect Command of spoken and written English (the candidate shall undergo a test).
- Knowledge of Arabic is a much appreciated asset.
- Ability to work in partnership with local organizations and under stress.
- Ability to work in team and problem solving skills.
- Good computing skills (including design of simple data base).
- Holding a valid passport which enables the candidate to enter easily the country.
Terms of Reference for the Position
The expatriate Programme Manager will be in charge of coordinating the implementation of the project activities.
In particular he/she will be in charge of:
1. – Defining and follow up the overall strategy of the intervention in coordination with the PMs, CP Expert and M&E Officer (Programme Committee) and under the Supervision of the CD. The Programme Manager is responsible for leading the Programme Committee supporting its members in implementing the tasks they are in charge of: planning, managing the programme’s resources, monitoring and reporting. In details:
1.1 – Designing activity plans and supervising implementation of the same. This includes: § Designing monthly work plans together with the Project Managers (area Managers) § Sharing working plans with TdH It Country Representative and HQs.
1.2 – General monitoring of the programme’s implementation and supervision of the implementation of the programme’s monitoring system. This includes: § Design/Validate the programme’s monitoring tools and analysis of the collected data. § Monitoring the implementation of work plans directly, through regular visits to project sites and through the Programme Leading Committee. § Providing TDH It Country Representative and HQs with regular reports § Supporting project staff and partner in activities’ implementation and problem solving.
1.3 – Being the responsible for the financial component of the programme. This includes working in strict coordination with the Programme’s Administrator for: § Budget management § Following TDH and the Donor’s administrative and financial procedures as per contract signed by TDH; § Ensure the compliance of TDH and donors’ administrative guidelines § Signing purchase and services contracts. § Supervising and approving monthly the consolidated programme’s cashbook (TDH accounting software) prepared by the Programme administrator to be sent to TDH ITAdministration and Country office § Ensuring bank reconciliation § Managing project bank account § Defining quarterly and monthly plans of expenditures according to project budget and activities planning.
2. – Managing the relationship with the local partners on the basis of the signed MOUs and designing a focused capacity building programme enabling them to manage the activities they are in charge of.
3. – Lead the recruitment process of the staff needed in coordination with the Delegation’s HR department.
4.- Negotiating the agreements with MOSA and local authorities involved in the implementation of the programme, signing them and monitoring their implementation.
5. – Calling for and leading regular meetings of the Programme Leading Committee and sharing the minutes of the meetings with TDH IT delegate in the country.
6.- Maintaining and developing the relationship with the Donor. This implies: § Facilitating field visits, if requested §Drafting the interim and final reports and any further report which could be asked for. § Providing information and documentation to the Donor when requested.
7. – Coordinating with actors operating in the target areas. This includes: § Supporting the local Partner in its work of Coordination with local authorities § Coordinating with local NGOs and INGOs operating the Project’s area§ Coordination with relevant clusters in the area
8.- Ensuring visibility. This implies: § Ensuring that all projects sites are provided with visibility materials § Ensuring that communities and stakeholders are aware of the subjects funding and/or implementing the project § Providing TDH It Communication Department with regular updates and documentation (written, photographic, video etc..) in order for it to promote the project via its standard channels
9. – Security and Coordination. The PM will: § Attend coordination meetings and clusters with INGOs § Attend cluster’s meetings § Define security rules for project staff (local and expat) in accordance with the security recommendation provided by the Country Delegate, the Local authorities and cluster’s security advises.
In her/his capacity as Head of Bekaa Office the PM will be responsible for:
1.Representing the Organization toward the Local and National Authorities, NGOs’ and Agencies operating in the Area.
2.Managing national and expatriate Staff based in his/her Area of intervention.
3.Management of the opened bank account on the basis of a written proxy received from the Country Delegate.
4.Coordination of the activities implemented in the area.
5.Participate in strategic planning, project proposal writing, assessment
Inception of the Assignment: Beginning of February 2017
Send CV and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; quoting the reference Leb 8/2016 – by the 4th of December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted