Terre des Hommes – Project Manager, Bangladesh
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 15 novembre
Duty Station: Dhaka with frequent travels to South-West Districts of Bangladesh
Reports To: Country Representative
Duration: 36 months
Dead line of application:15 November 2015
Fondazione Terre des Hommes Italia ONLUS (TDH Italia), is an international development NGO based in Milan and founded in 1989. TDH Italia carries out humanitarian relief and international development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, child protection and human rights promotion, water and sanitation and reconstruction, income generation activities, thus meeting the needs of thousands of children, their families and communities. TDH Italia has been working in Bangladesh since 1996 through local partners to support poverty-stricken children and adolescents; migrants; sex workers and their dependants and to carry out emergency and post-emergency activities in rural and urban areas.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for a project recently funded by the European Commission and to be started in January/February 2016. This project provides a framework of social and protective services to potential and already migrant adolescent girls and young women working in Ready Made Garment (RMG) sector make them experience safe, secure and enabling working environment and fulfilling social conditions,. The project manager will work under the direct supervision of TDH Italia Country Representative.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ultimately responsible for the implementation of all aspects of the project ‘Jukta Hoe Mukta’, ensuring activities are run on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations as per the signed project document.
- Coordinating, and supervising the partner NGOs in order to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- To provide the national partner NGOs with all the practical and technical support needed to solve the problems that may arise.
- Managing project budget, monthly budget forecasting and budget revisions for the grant associated with the project.
- Ensure proper and effective use of resources, ensuring that all project resources/assets are managed in line with internal and donor control frameworks.
- Prepare timely and high quality programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with external donor and internal requirements.
- Monitor project progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, making adjustments to project implementation plans as necessary.
- Ensure all project staff understand and are able to perform their roles, identifying areas of development.
- Reporting regularly to the Country representative, and to the Head Quarters.
- Ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection at all levels against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Develop project and donor proposals in close coordination with TDH Italia CR and ensure participation of the field team, including beneficiaries, in proposal development
- Comply with TDH Italia relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Social Studies, International Development, or related field, or a BA with equivalent field experience;
- 3-5 years experience working with NGOs/INGOs/IOs in developing countries;
- Project cycle and financial management experience;
- Specific experience of designing and managing EC donor projects and understanding of donor compliance;
- Experience in effectively managing budgets (>EURO 1 million)
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication, coordination, networking and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Language skills in Bengali;
- Experience from Bangladesh or the South Asia region;
- Experience of working in consortium.
- Experience of, and commitment to, working on adolescents’ empowerment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply in English/Italian by sending your up to date CV (including contact details of 3 referees and authorization to use personal data as per D.Lgs 196/2003) with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th of November 2015 and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.