UNHCR – Human Resources Associate, Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 27 novembre 2016
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking a candidate to fill the vacancy of the following position: Human Resources Associate in Brussels, Belgium
We are looking for a motivated and flexible individual who will function under direct supervision of the Regional Admin/HR Officer, assisting him/her in Personnel Administration and other HR related matters of staff for the Regional Representation for Western Europe (and its region) and the Bureau for Europe. This includes the review of staffing and budgets, recruitment and appointment of staff, performance management and staff welfare issues. He/she directly supervises junior support staff. The incumbent will liaise closely with the staff-related services in UNHCR, such as the Personnel Administration & Payroll Section, Medical Service, Staff Welfare, Affiliated Workforce Unit and Global Learning Centre.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Compile HR related information for the annual operations programme review and assist in the finalisation of the submissions;
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations;
- Coordinate the recruitment of local staff including the preparation of vacancy notices, screening of applications, conducting/arranging for typing and/or other tests on the required skills. Draft submissions for the review by the Regional Assignments Committee (RAC);
- Prepare documents related to recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff in Brussels and the region, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures. Update personnel records in the office, including MSRP entries into HR module;
- Monitor maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records. Provide guidance and coaching to administrative staff performing personnel administration related functions;
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, Belgian id-cards, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrangements for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable;
- Act as focal point for staff and dependants in the administration of medical evacuations;
- Maintain liaison with the counterparts at support sections and divisions at headquarters, as well as the respective Bureau, on matters related to the personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Office Management, Human Resources Management or related field;
- Minimum 11 years of previous relevant professional experience;
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization;
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner;
- Fluency in oral and written English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable qualifications and competences
- Working knowledge of another UN language(s);
- Advance academic background in Human Resources Management;
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset;
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module, as well as with MSRP Financials and Focus.
1 year renewable
Interested candidates are invited to fill in the Personal History (P.11) form which can be obtained atwww.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc. Completed forms are to be submitted by Sunday, November 27th 2016 at 24h00 together with a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior HR Associate – Brussels” in the subject. Late applications will not be accepted.
Only those candidates short-listed will be notified.